Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hi my name is Elaine and I am a New Member  (Read 3732 times)

Lainy1969

Re: Hi my name is Elaine and I am a New Member
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2023, 07:39:48 PM »

Hi Lainy1969 just wanted to say hello and welcome to the forum,good that the nurse is calling you back,she will keep you right.
Feel free to ask pretty much anything on here,there will always be someone to help xx
Thanks xx

Lainy1969

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2023, 07:42:16 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. I always put Tegaderm dressings over my patches or they will not stay on at all. I buy them from Amazon.
Thanks, yes Tegaderm film 6cm x 7cm works for me xx

Lainy1969

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2023, 07:42:42 PM »

hello elaine

welcome to the forum xxx
Thanks xx

Lainy1969

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2023, 07:43:12 PM »

:welcomemm:  browse round, make notes.  Ask away  :great:
Thanks xx

Lainy1969

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2023, 01:20:36 PM »

I agree Lainey. It really helps to use Tegaderm. I hope the call with the nurse goes well.
Hi, hope you are well, do you think the patches help with HRT?? I read somewhere that putting something over patch, stops it from working right, I need the Tegaderm on it like you do or it would never stay on, but just hope it doesn't stop it from working right xx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2023, 01:50:12 PM »

I agree Lainey. It really helps to use Tegaderm. I hope the call with the nurse goes well.
Hi, hope you are well, do you think the patches help with HRT?? I read somewhere that putting something over patch, stops it from working right, I need the Tegaderm on it like you do or it would never stay on, but just hope it doesn't stop it from working right xx

Tegaderm are breathable and many use them with HRT patches. I have not had any issues with them. :)

Lainy1969

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2023, 08:33:05 PM »

Tegaderm are breathable and many use them with HRT patches. I have not had any issues with them. :)
Thanks for letting me know, the Nurse is phoning me on Wednesday to see how I getting on with the patches xx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2023, 09:06:46 PM »

Thanks for letting me know, the Nurse is phoning me on Wednesday to see how I getting on with the patches xx

It is really nice the nurse is making sure you are okay. I hope it goes well.

Lainy1969

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2023, 10:24:18 PM »

It is really nice the nurse is making sure you are okay. I hope it goes well.
Thanks xx

Lainy1969

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2023, 12:14:59 PM »

The Evorel patches are very rigid, I'm on Evorel 50 now, but was on Evorel conti for three months last year and the patches are almost the same. Evorel50 has silver backing paper which is much easier. Evorel Conti had the see through film looking like the see through backing and it's hard to work out which bit comes off in which direction.

I love patches, they save your digestion after all, so my patches experience is extensive. I've morphine patches too, but they are stretchy and more sticky, like a very sticky plaster. Even those come off my thighs, anything will come off there, Evorel has no chance.

If you are happy with extra tape, fine, but if you just stick them anywhere below the navel on your tummy, it doesn't really move or rub on anything there and I find they stay.
Hi, thanks for sharing that with me, I have been putting "Tegaderm film 6cm x 7 cm" over my patch now and haven't had any more bother with it staying on, the Nurse says it was ok to do this and it wouldn't affect it working, so will try them for 3 months to see how it goes xx

HighAnxiety

• First Flush
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2023, 12:38:58 PM »

I was on 25mg patches for 3mths with no problems but started on 50mg 3wks ago and have had nothing but dizziness and nausea. I am on the verge of quitting but I know the anxiety will return. I am really down. Just want the dizziness to stop.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2023, 12:47:07 PM »

Hello HighAnxiety - mayB start a separate thread so that responses don't become lost?  In the meantime, think why you went on HRT?  Is the anxiety caused by this or did you suffer previously, if so, HRT might not be for you.  Have U tried a dedicated anti-anxiety medication?

Some find that HRT does help with anxiety, however it may take a few months. 

Lainy1969

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2023, 01:19:48 PM »

I was on 25mg patches for 3mths with no problems but started on 50mg 3wks ago and have had nothing but dizziness and nausea. I am on the verge of quitting but I know the anxiety will return. I am really down. Just want the dizziness to stop.
Sorry to hear this, I am just new on HRT patches, so hopefully somebody on here can advise you, take care xx
Pages: 1 [2]