Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hi my name is Elaine and I am a New Member  (Read 3733 times)

Lainy1969

Hi my name is Elaine and I am a New Member
« on: March 13, 2023, 12:58:20 PM »

Hi, my name is Elaine, I just became a member on here today. I am 53 years old and just started using Evorel Conti patches on Friday, find them easy to put on, but second day, it started to curl at sides and third day it was nearly off, put new one on today, waiting on Nurse phoning me back, I wanted to know if I could put medical tape around it, have read some messages on here, some say yes and others say no, so will wait and see what she says, I think it would be ok if they were daily, but having them on for few days is the problem, thanks for having me on here xx

Flossieteacake

Re: Hi my name is Elaine and I am a New Member
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 01:08:39 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. I always put Tegaderm dressings over my patches or they will not stay on at all. I buy them from Amazon.

discogirl

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 01:13:11 PM »

hello elaine

welcome to the forum xxx

Lainy1969

Thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 01:37:46 PM »

Thanks everybody for your lovely welcome and advice xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2023, 02:48:08 PM »

:welcomemm:  browse round, make notes.  Ask away  :great:

Lainy1969

Thanks
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2023, 06:09:11 PM »

Thanks xx

mandss

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2023, 02:50:36 PM »

Hi Lainy, hope you are ok, Feel like I know the name from another site, (not meno related.) hope you get some answers on here x

Lainy1969

Hello
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2023, 01:10:43 PM »

Hi, I am ok, thanks, where do you think you know me from?? xx

Lainy1969

Hello
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2023, 01:24:08 PM »

Hi, I have been on HRT patches for a week now, I had such a problem keeping them on, thanks for the advice to use "Tegaderm Film 6cm x 7cm", it really does help keep them on and they are waterproof, so hopefully my HRT patches will get a chance to work now, I think when these patches are given to you by the Doctors, they are more aware that loads of people find it hard to keep them on and to advise you to use Tegaderm to keep them on, it would have helped me to know this before starting to use them, as I only came on this site after I started using them, I was given this website details at my appointment, my Nurse is phoning me back on Wednesday to see how I am getting on, hope this helps someone else who has just started using patches and has had same problems as me xx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2023, 01:36:04 PM »

I agree Lainey. It really helps to use Tegaderm. I hope the call with the nurse goes well.

Lainy1969

Hello
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2023, 02:35:46 PM »

Thanks xx

mandss

Re: Hello
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2023, 05:17:49 PM »

Bingomania ?

Katejo

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2023, 06:38:53 PM »

Hi, my name is Elaine, I just became a member on here today. I am 53 years old and just started using Evorel Conti patches on Friday, find them easy to put on, but second day, it started to curl at sides and third day it was nearly off, put new one on today, waiting on Nurse phoning me back, I wanted to know if I could put medical tape around it, have read some messages on here, some say yes and others say no, so will wait and see what she says, I think it would be ok if they were daily, but having them on for few days is the problem, thanks for having me on here xx
  I have no problem with them staying on if I put them just above my hip near the panty line. They fall off my thigh and rear buttock.

Lainy1969

Hello
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2023, 07:35:17 PM »

Bingomania ?
No, it's not me on Bingomania xx

Lainy1969

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2023, 07:39:07 PM »

I have no problem with them staying on if I put them just above my hip near the panty line. They fall off my thigh and rear buttock.
It was ok when I first put patch on, but after a day, started to curl and then came off, but the Tegaderm film keeps it on xx
Pages: [1] 2