Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Where am I in the process  (Read 1399 times)

Helly1977

Where am I in the process
« on: March 10, 2023, 10:57:25 PM »

Hi, I’m new here and I guess I am still trying to make sense of where abouts I am in this journey. People keep saying it doesn’t matter but I am trying to understand it and feel it would help knowing, I hear perimenopause, menopause etc but I can’t work out which one I am. From what I have read, menopause is only officially when you haven’t had a period for 12 months but I haven’t had one for years due to being on cerezette. My doc has said I’m early menopause because of my blood results (fsh 56, oestrogen <18, lh 31 and progesterone 0.4 ) but is early menopause early peri or full menopause. Probably sounds daft but I would like to know and without periods it’s impossible to find a clear answer. Thanks 🙏🏻

Dotty

Re: Where am I in the process
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2023, 06:59:51 AM »

Hi I think you’ve answered your own question….it’s hard to know as you’re taking the mini pill.

Can you give us a bit more info…how old are you? Are you getting menopausal symptoms? x

Helly1977

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2023, 08:32:58 AM »

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have been suffering for several years with night sweats, low mood, panic/anxiety, not sleeping. Excessive peeing at night and urgency during the day and  Weight gain to name a few. I am 45. They took  my bloods twice to check and both times my fsh was above 56 but where I’ve been on the cezerette it’s masked any changes to my periods as I haven’t had any. They have since put me on the mirena, oestrogen spray and testosterone but I keep thinking where I am in the process. I know this can/will be years but I guess I need to understand how far I am into it. Thanks

Helly1977

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2023, 08:35:44 AM »

To add to this, I am hypothyroid so for about 18 months I had the gP saying it was my thyroid and so I’m about 3 years into this process

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2023, 01:33:29 PM »

The only way you can tell where you are in menopause is to stop all hormonal “medications” and wait till you haven’t had a period for 12 months. Then you’re classed as post menopausal. 

You’re on a good combination of hrt so if it’s taking away your symptoms then just keep taking it. x

Helly1977

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2023, 07:10:27 AM »

:) Thanks Dotty.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2023, 09:53:16 AM »

Is the regime helping ease symptoms?

Helly1977

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2023, 04:42:02 PM »

Hi Clkd,
Yes- mostly. I was frightening close to  a breakdown before- only looking back do I realise just how bad I was. Now I am a million times better but somethings still need tweaking I think. I seem to have dips where I sink back to very low mood, crying easily, not sleeping etc but it doesn’t last more than 3/4 days. I’m guessing thats normal but I am seeing the gP in a month so hopefully they will have some idea and what to do next.