Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Have reduced oestrogen patch, now having chest pain and tightness  (Read 905 times)

Kit14

Any advice welcome please. I was on 75mg oestrogen patch (up from 50) but found it gave me big bloated sore breasts so GP advised go back down to 50. Maybe coincidentally I have started having chest tightness and pains, which coincides with this change. Also having gastro problems which pre-dated the change, so the chest pains might be from that. Took myself off to casualty and had ECGs, blood tests, chest x-ray - all normal. Any advice appreciated as I am freaking out a bit. I did have anxiety chest pains a few years ago when first in peri but not for a long time. Just wondered if the change in patch could be a factor. Sigh.

Betsy123

Re: Have reduced oestrogen patch, now having chest pain and tightness
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 09:34:12 PM »

I suffer with anxiety also and have had a few trips to AnE, all ok as well
 I moved from the 50 to 75 myself last year and since have had a bleed every 3 to 4 weeks. I'm on the evorel with daily utragestran which I'm sure just makes me depressed and causes cortisol rush and anxiety in the morning.  I can't figure out if I have too much or too little oestragon. It's a minefield with very little help from doctors. What were your symptoms which made you move up a patch?

Kit14

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2023, 08:20:05 PM »

Hi Betsy, sorry for late reply, haven't been able to log on for a while. My current symptoms seem to be gastric and chest pains, but as I had a thorough check over at the hospital I am trying not too freak out and go again, which is hard when the pain hits! Some shortness of breath but chest x-ray was fine and I have occasional asthma since starting with peri.
I moved up a patch due to lightheadedness, which I had before I started HRT, and resolved, and abdo pain with left side pain - lots of checks to rule out ovarian problems, urinary problems etc. There's just so little medical support!
Sorry to hear about the anxiety and cortisol rushes - progesterone seems really problematic re side effects. How are you feeling at the moment with the anxiety? x

Betsy123

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2023, 09:47:06 PM »

Glad to hear your checks are all ok. Anxiety is still the same however have stopped the utragestran and trying a sequential routine again with everol to see if the symptoms are better. I get a bit spacey and light headed at times but put this down to the anxiety. Its difficult as so many different symptoms.  I found the everol 75 patch made me bleed also. I'm 54 this year so really hoping fluctuations stop soon, take care.