Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: This may go some way to help those who are having difficulties.  (Read 860 times)

pepperminty

discogirl

Re: This may go some way to help those who are having difficulties.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2023, 01:23:14 PM »

thank you xx

Mary G

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2023, 02:45:54 PM »

Thanks, that was very interesting although it's dreadful that this woman had no help from her GP and what little help she did get was ignorant and completely useless.  She asked for HRT and was refused.

I'm afraid the legacy of those two, dangerously flawed, HRT studies is alive and well and there are people out there who still think HRT = breast cancer.

This podcast explains why so many women seek help privately if they can.

pepperminty

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2023, 04:57:27 PM »

Hi Mary G and Disco girl,

It made me remember that there are so many symptoms related to menopause! I listened to it once and seem to recall that she ended up on oral estrogen. It just goes to show that it is trial and error. I am experimenting again on upping my dose. I get my estrogen tested yearly and it has been consistant for 4 years, but has just started to dip and I have noticed more physical symptoms - dry eyes , skin, nausea and dizzy spells.
Oh the joys of menopause.

If only "they" invested more into research and gave us more types of progesterone.

PMXX

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2023, 06:06:25 PM »

Thank you for sharing this. It is so sad how so many of us are dismissed and refused HRT. I am sure this podcast will help many women to understand they are entitled to HRT.

discogirl

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2023, 06:16:18 PM »

Hi Mary G and Disco girl,

It made me remember that there are so many symptoms related to menopause! I listened to it once and seem to recall that she ended up on oral estrogen. It just goes to show that it is trial and error. I am experimenting again on upping my dose. I get my estrogen tested yearly and it has been consistant for 4 years, but has just started to dip and I have noticed more physical symptoms - dry eyes , skin, nausea and dizzy spells.
Oh the joys of menopause.

If only "they" invested more into research and gave us more types of progesterone.

PMXX
[/quote

hi pepperminty

its strange how estrogen levels can be consistent for so long and then dip.

i didnt realise tinnitus can be a sign of low estrogen until i joined this forum xx

pepperminty

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2023, 09:50:37 AM »

Hi Discogirl and Flossieteacake,

Yes very sad that we are dissmissed through ignorance. But given other medication that has many seroius  long term risks.

Indeed estrogen levels can go up and down - even things like body lotion and creamy soaps can effect trans dermal. Also gut issues for oral too. But my levels are slowly dropping and I can notice a difference - dryer skin and more sensitivity to things.

Interestingly I saw on TV this morning that they are looking into a Testosterone patch! Fingers crossed , as we need more options.

PMxx