Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Really disturbing vivid dreams/night sweats anyone?  (Read 1461 times)

Vicky81

Really disturbing vivid dreams/night sweats anyone?
« on: March 21, 2023, 07:59:29 AM »

Hello all, hope everyone is doing ok?

So i have been on the patches of around 62.5mg 9cuting another patch to make this dose etc) and got a return of drenching night sweats around a week ago.

So i decided to cut a bit off 75mg patch (as when i tried 75 in the past it gave me physical anxiety/jittery feel) to go up slowly.

Had this on for one week up to now, but I have been experiencing very disturbing and vivid dreams and still night sweats there.

I must admit the dream thing has been there for months now - anyone know why these occur? and does my regime seem to be the right thing to do?

Vicky xx

Perinowpost

Re: Really disturbing vivid dreams/night sweats anyone?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 08:02:26 AM »

Are you taking any utrogestan Vicky81?  Thisalways gives me night sweats and weird dreams x

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 08:03:23 AM »

Hi there,not on HRT myself but the vivid dreams? Oh yes, I sometimes wake from them and anxiety kicks in or if they've been disturbing,I wake feeling down etc,it's definitely a hormonal thing, I seem to be ok just now,so it definitely comes and goes

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2023, 08:10:30 AM »

I have nightmares or horrid dreams every single night. They leave me drained. I have always been this way though.

Sorry you are having these horrid dreams.

Vicky81

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2023, 08:32:58 AM »

Thank all = so i guess this is a "thing" ?

God last night was awful! xx

Re bight sweats - have i done the correct thing going up on the patch? xxx

VanillaLover

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2023, 08:34:22 AM »

Hi, yes definitely. Scary vivid dreams and sweats as you say. Leaves me upset all day sometimes! Definitely hormonal, comes and goes. No idea what the answer to it is!

MrsMitch

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2023, 08:56:50 AM »

Vicki I'm so sorry to hear about your dreams and sweats. I thought it was just me with the dreams, but it seems not. I'm not sleeping deeply enough to have them at the moment,  but when I do, the dreams are awful and so real. When I wake from them I have to sit up and bed to come round as I feel like I've really been 'doing' the dream if that makes sense. So so real. They always seem to accompany night sweats to as I'll wake up drenched.
I can't help with your dosage, sorry, but just want you to know, I'm sure you already do, you're not alone.

Vicky81

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2023, 09:19:15 AM »

Thanks all - Mrs Mitch yes sounds exactly like me! wake up and then think about the dream in the day x

Curlygirl

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2023, 09:52:50 AM »

Hey Vicky,

How long have you been back on HRT?

I get the dreams and I’m not on HRT anymore so it’s definitely a hormone thing. Don’t have the night sweats as yet 🤞

Hope it all settled down soon for you xx

Wrensong

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2023, 10:15:39 AM »

Hi, yes I'm another one with very frequent nightmares/bad dreams which wake me feeling absolutely dreadful.  I get them usually in a pattern of every night for a few weeks at a time, often more than 1 a night, then they will stop for a few days.  Mine go back at least 3 decades to around the time my thyroid disorder was first diagnosed, but they have become more frequent since menopause. 

The association with night sweats is that raised body temperature can make us more prone to them, as can chronic insomnia - vicious circle.  Pre-menopausal women are apparently more prone to them in the 2nd half of their cycle because progesterone raises body temperature. 

I found among other horrible effects, Utrogestan made me way too hot at night & wrecked my sleep, contrary to its reputation for sedation.  The synthetic progestogens can also raise body temp & dydrogesterone (in the Femoston range) is said to be the only one that doesn't have this effect.

I sympathise with anyone who has them as they can be very frightening, leaving you too disturbed & alert to get back to sleep.  The only thing I can suggest is to try to make sure you are not too hot at bedtime & to keep the bedroom as cool as possible.
Wx

P.S forgot to say hypoglycemia can also cause nightmares & blood sugar drops overnight while we are fasting, but it's worth looking at ways of keeping it as stable as possible throughout the day, as it becomes more prone to instability at menopause & if not well controlled can stress the body, causing knock-on effects at night.  Some people find it helps to have a small supper of something like high protein natural yoghurt (e.g. Greek), with a little sugar-free muesli about an hour before bed.  There are loads of threads on here about balancing blood sugar if anyone thinks they might benefit from looking into that.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 12:05:16 PM by Wrensong »

Vicky81

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2023, 12:52:19 PM »

Thank you all so much for the advice xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2023, 01:37:17 PM »

I bumped my thread 'weird dreams' ;-)