Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan question!  (Read 491 times)

Crumble2018

• First Flush
Utrogestan question!
« on: March 10, 2023, 01:39:58 PM »

Hi all, I have been looking at lots of posts, but haven’t found the answer to this yet!

I have been prescribed Oestrogel 2 pumps and 200mg Utrogestan. The label says to take the Utrogestan on days 1-12 of each calendar month. The leaflet inside says to take on days 15-36 of my cycle.

Now I don’t have a “cycle” as such as my periods are so irregular- I’ve previously had  6 and 9 month gaps between periods, but my last one was the beginning of January.

So, my plan was to start on the gel on the 18th March, so my Utrogestan starts on day 15 - the 1st April.  However, if I always start Utrogestan on the 1st of a month, it will mean that some months I won’t be starting it on the 15th day of the “cycle”- it may be day 16 or 17?  Does this matter? It would obviously be easier to remember to start taking it if it’s the same day each month.

I hope that made sense! Am I over thinking it?

Thanks x

sheila99

Re: Utrogestan question!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 02:45:58 PM »

If you have a fairly regular cycle it's best to keep them in step but as you don't you can use a calendar day instead. It sounds as though you'll be ready for a conti routine soon anyway.

Crumble2018

• First Flush
Re: Utrogestan question!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2023, 10:55:32 AM »

If you have a fairly regular cycle it's best to keep them in step but as you don't you can use a calendar day instead. It sounds as though you'll be ready for a conti routine soon anyway.

Thanks - that’s what I’m going to do!