Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conte - any positive stories please?  (Read 553 times)

EllieJ

Evorel Conte - any positive stories please?
« on: March 08, 2023, 08:27:19 AM »

Hi there, I have been on the Conte patches for about three weeks now. I've struggled with health anxiety most of my adult life (which I manage quite well using CBT techniques) but I still hate visiting the GP or taking any form of medication. These last few years however have seen my health go downhill a bit (diagnosed coeliac and with a Grade 2 double prolapse) and while I've managed those myself through diet and physiotherapy/weight loss (I was offered surgery but hell no!) things came to a head menopause symptom wise and I finally went to the GP about HRT.

I feel bloody awful! The hot flushes seem worse, I am exhausted, emotional and depressed. My GP says I need to give these patches about 6 months to settle down. Just debating whether to forget the patches and try to battle through on my own again.

Looking for some positive stories of Evorel Conte please - if there are any I'd love to read them. Thanks all x

Jellyb

Re: Evorel Conte - any positive stories please?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 08:57:14 AM »

Hi
I've been on Evorel Conti for years now.  I really like it, it works for me and I feel "normal" whatever that is!?  I do cut my patch in half, so 1 full patch lasts me a week.
You really do need to give them time to work and then figure out if the dosage is right for you. 
I knew that I needed to reduce the dose by cutting the patch as my boobs were getting very sore, reduced the dosage as all is good!
Keep at it.  It's frustrating but you need to give it time.

EllieJ

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 09:34:04 AM »

Thanks for commenting. I must admit I had a bit of a shock this morning! It took me over two years to lose two stones in weight to help my prolapse, I don't weigh often, last time just after Christmas, but since starting the patches three weeks ago my jeans are suddenly feeling really tight! Weighed myself and according to the scales I've put on 9 lbs!!!! I think I may definitely have to rethink if that gain is due to the patches - I can't risk my prolapse getting worse. This is so damn frustrating - why do women have to deal with this! Its not damn fair!!! >:( >:( >:(

VanillaLover

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 10:31:46 AM »

Hi,

I think most of the weight gain is water due to the oestrogen. At least that’s what I’m telling myself 😀. It might settle down.

Give it a bit longer yet. See if you can stick it out for the full three months. It took that long and more for me to get the full benefit from HRT (Evorel plus utrogestan not conti).

Having said that……hot flushes should be one of the first things to improve according to most. If you are not getting any improvement whatsoever (have any of your symptoms improved?) it would be worth going back to dr and maybe trying a different patch, higher dose, or gel/spray instead.

Hang on in there!

Limpy

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2023, 11:02:44 AM »

I'm on Evorel Conti and they work for me - no hot flushes. However the norethisterone in the patches can make many people very edgy/ratty. It can take a while to get used to that. I had come across norethisterone before when I took Loestrin 20 - that took a while (6 months) for me to settle down on BUT when I started Evorel Conti I was used to the norethisterone and didn't have any issues with that.

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2023, 02:05:51 PM »

Hello EllieJ and welcome to the forum.

If your weight increase is due to water retention I wonder if you can treat it with diuretics? Also, would the extra pounds prove a problem to your prolapse if it is just fluid?

As you can see I don't have any answers but if you posted a specific question about your weight issues you may find a way to manage this problem at least.

Wishing you well and take care.

K.