Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: 9 months after starting HRT Insomnia and Anxiety is back - why?  (Read 492 times)

perrysa

• First Flush

Hi, I have been taking 2 pumps Oestrogel and 2 weeks of Utrogestan per month for around 9 months. I started HRT as I got awful anxiety out of the blue which I had never had in my life and I had not been sleeping well for around 6 months.

Things started to improve after the first 3 months and mostly I have been sleeping well on the utrogestan and taking HTP-5 (melatonin) for the other 2 weeks mostly with good results.

Now, all of a sudden I am not sleeping more than a few hours a night and my anxiety is back and through the roof. Do I need more oestrogel? Or am I taking too much and need to reduce it?

I am 49 and peri-menopausal. Any suggestions welcome!

sheila99

Re: 9 months after starting HRT Insomnia and Anxiety is back - why?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2023, 03:52:32 PM »

It isn't at all unusual to need more oestrogen as your own levels decline. I've had to increase twice because symptoms returned, mainly anxiety and insomnia.

perrysa

• First Flush
Re: 9 months after starting HRT Insomnia and Anxiety is back - why?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2023, 04:06:27 PM »

Thanks Sheila, how long did it take roughly for the symptoms to improve when you upped your dose? Hoping it's not another 3 months wait to feel normal again...