Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Evorel conti and headache  (Read 400 times)

LCB

• First Flush
Evorel conti and headache
« on: March 04, 2023, 11:37:52 AM »

I started on evorel conti patches a few weeks ago.
I have always suffered from migraine without aura and experienced it while on oral hrt.
Since I have changed to patches the frequency has increased a lot and I have been having headaches twice a day for which I have to take sumatripan.
My question is that is there another patch containing both an oestrogen and a progesterone which would give me fewer migraines. The progesterone in evorel conti is norethisterone.
I cannot use anything other than patches just now as I'm.having surgery in a few weeks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Evorel conti and headache
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023, 02:30:59 PM »

Migraines may increase during peri-menopause anyway.  If I was experiencing severe headaches I would stop. 

Why did u begin HRT?  Good luck with any surgery!

Wrensong

Re: Evorel conti and headache
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023, 04:01:47 PM »

Hi LCB, so sorry about the migraine.
My question is that is there another patch containing both an oestrogen and a progesterone
The other combined continuous patch is FemSeven Conti & the progestogen in it is Levonorgestrel.  I don't know whether this might suit you better.  I also have a long history of migraine (with aura) but only oral HRT has been problematic in that respect for me.  I hope you manage to find a regimen that leaves you migraine free as it's a truly horrible condition.
Wx