Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Just prescribed HRT - Progesterone question help?  (Read 844 times)

Mrstomhardy50

Just prescribed HRT - Progesterone question help?
« on: March 04, 2023, 03:37:50 PM »

Hello lovelies,

Yesterday I was prescribed Gel and also Progesterone in capsule form.  I have bad brain fog so apologies if this seems like a really dumb question.....

The instructions state to take the tablets either 200mg once daily on days 15-26 of each 28 day oestrogen HRT cycle or alternatively 100mg once daily on days 1-25 of each 28 day oestrogen HRT cycle. 

I need someone to put this in basic terms for me (the nurse who prescribed was super unhelpful). I have to use the gel every morning but my confusion really is the explanation of a cycle, ie, does this mean from when my period starts or does it mean count from beginning of the month.  Im hoping someone can explain this in basic terms please.

So sorry if this is a silly thing to ask.  Any help appreciated xxx

Bandango42

Re: Just prescribed HRT - Progesterone question help?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023, 04:18:30 PM »

Hi

Not a silly question at all. You count day 1 as the first day of your period so start taking the progesterone on day 15. I'm guessing it's the same for the 100mg (i.e start on day 1 and take for 25 days) but I take 200mg for 12 days so that's what I do.

Hope that helps x

Mrstomhardy50

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023, 04:48:57 PM »

Thank you so much I felt a bit silly asking xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2023, 05:33:49 PM »

Hi.  Nowt is silly on this Forum - once you read round you'll see that we talk about everything: including menopause  ::)

:welcomemm:   If U don't ask you don't get!  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use to chart progress and if the surgery isn't helpful there are dedicated NHS menopause clinics though they as well as private consultants, have waiting lists.