Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan bleeding??  (Read 568 times)

Elspeth76

• First Flush
Utrogestan bleeding??
« on: March 06, 2023, 12:54:40 PM »

I have just started HRT and I'm confused........I am using 2 pumps of Oestrogel daily and have been prescribed Utrogestan 200mg each night for 12 nights from the 1st of the month.

Today, I am coming on my period. Is this my usual period (which is 3 days late) or is this induced by the Utrogestan. From what I've read I was under the impression that this bleeding would occur after taking the 200mg for 12 nights.

I'm confused! Can anyone share their experience of what I should be expecting please.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Utrogestan bleeding??
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2023, 02:18:29 PM »

Join the Confused Team .com  ::).  Hopefully someone will be along, I wanted to  :welcomemm:.  Browse round.  Make notes ;-)

VanillaLover

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2023, 02:48:39 PM »

Hi, yes that will be your own period breaking through. Seems to happen a lot from reading this board. And to me!

You might be able to get them in sync, or you might end up bleeding twice in a month once you do stop the utrogestan. I have never got anywhere near even having taken HRT for 18 months now. My periods arrive when they like during the cycle and I don’t get a withdrawal bleed.

I’ve been told it’s not a problem per se but obviously could be really annoying.

Keep on for now. Give it the three months and see where you are.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2023, 03:36:54 PM »

Day 1 is the first day of your bleed then you take utro days 15-26 and bleed (at least in theory)  2-3 days after you finish it. If your own cycle is consistently out of step you can adjust the hrt cycle to fit back in with your own.

VanillaLover

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2023, 03:43:50 PM »

Oh sorry I missed that you’d started the utro on 1st of the month rather than day15 after your period starts. 

If you are still bleeding now I’d just stop the utro and start it again on day 15. That will give you a better chance of getting in sync.

Elspeth76

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2023, 04:12:58 PM »

Thank you.

Hmm, it's all mind blowing isn't it?!

I think I will see how I go after the next couple of months, if I'm bleeding twice a month, I'll change the date when I start to take it.

I work nights and evening shifts that finish at 2.30am as well, if it falls on the those days I think i might have to take it later, not really sure if that's ok. Infomation with the tablets just says if you miss a dose not to take it if it's near the next dose, which is a bit vague. Side effects are drowsiness, but when I take it before bed.....I'm already drowsy!!!  ;D