Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: BEST NATURAL SUPPLEMENT FOR MY SYMPTOMS  (Read 757 times)

mimmy

• First Flush
BEST NATURAL SUPPLEMENT FOR MY SYMPTOMS
« on: March 04, 2023, 08:55:17 AM »

Hi, I have been suffering from anxiety, insomnia, palpitations, racing heart, feeling shaky, loss of confidence, hair thinning for three months now. People are suggesting it could be related to the menopause. I am 59, my periods stopped suddenly in 2014 after a bereavement so I never really had a menopause as such. Now I'm wondering if my hormone levels have dropped drastically and hence the symptoms. I have been referred to a menopause clinic but in the meantime wonder what would be a good supplement to take that might relieve my symptoms? Any suggestions?

Flossieteacake

Re: BEST NATURAL SUPPLEMENT FOR MY SYMPTOMS
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023, 09:11:36 AM »

While you are waiting to see the menopause clinic, is your GP willing to at least start you on some low dose HRT? I am not sure if you know about vaginal atrophy but I think it would really help if you were given localised oestrogen to at least treat that as the sooner it is treated the better.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023, 09:14:30 AM »

Morning.  Taking VitD regularly will help some of the symptoms.  Menopause is 'natural' but can throw up some weird feelings, as oestrogen levels drop.  Could you take a sudden appt at the menopause clinic if someone cancels?

Let us know how you get on.

mimmy

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2023, 09:57:13 AM »

GP said I have to go to the menopause clinic before starting HRT as I have haemochromatosis; however I was told by a consultant i work for that I could have the patches as they don't go through the liver.... maybe I'll speak to the GP again. My vitamin D level is fine, but maybe I'll take supplements anyway then - see if that helps.
With regard to the atrophy, I have been using Replens intermittently - would that help?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 09:58:49 AM by mimmy »

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2023, 10:10:16 AM »

GP said I have to go to the menopause clinic before starting HRT as I have haemochromatosis; however I was told by a consultant i work for that I could have the patches as they don't go through the liver.... maybe I'll speak to the GP again. My vitamin D level is fine, but maybe I'll take supplements anyway then - see if that helps.
With regard to the atrophy, I have been using Replens intermittently - would that help?

Replens can cause skin irritation so I would stop using that. The only treatment for VA is localised oestrogen. Vaginal moisturisers that are gentle are Yes and Sylk. I do not know about your condition but hopefully, your GP could give you localised oestrogen for the VA. Vagifem is a pessary and Ovestin is a cream. These are both commonly prescribed.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2023, 02:29:51 PM »

If your GP is your main care provider then listen to him/her as they will be following your progress [hopefully].  What speciality is your Consultant involved in, does that mean that you are a Med Sec.?  >> wave <<

Replens can cause all kinds of irritations and won't replace the oestrogen loss which may be causing atrophy: as it drops the body may become dry: inside and out; skin, scalp, deep in the ears, nostrils, between the toes, vagina, anus, back of the throat ..... as well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  OH the Joys  ::) ???

mimmy

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2023, 06:15:31 PM »

Yes I'm a medical secretary in diabetes and endocrinology.

Wow, that all sounds horrific  :-\

My skin is a bit dry of late but haven't really noticed anything else. Not sexually active so don't really know the vag situation. 

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2023, 06:29:00 PM »

Yes I'm a medical secretary in diabetes and endocrinology.

Wow, that all sounds horrific  :-\

My skin is a bit dry of late but haven't really noticed anything else. Not sexually active so don't really know the vag situation.

You do not need to be sexually active to notice vaginal atrophy. It can show as soreness, dryness, watery discharge, constant need for urination, not being able to empty the bladder. I really do not want to scare you but just wanted to explain so you can get the right treatment.

mimmy

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2023, 06:39:24 PM »

Oh, well I don't have any of those symptoms so far ...

Flossieteacake

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2023, 06:41:36 PM »

Oh, well I don't have any of those symptoms so far ...

I am very pleased to hear that. :)

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2023, 07:03:44 PM »

It's The Change - does what it says on the tin.  Not everyone suffers all of the issues that low oestrogen levels may cause.  So don't panic!

Do U take notes in shorthand .......... that's how it was done in my day, 1970s/80s  ::) as well as dictaphone  :D