Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Burning swollen ear  (Read 742 times)

Hopeful2

Burning swollen ear
« on: March 04, 2023, 08:09:33 AM »

Good morning Ladies.

I haven't posted for a while been trying to stay calm, but to add to everything I am having problems with my ears now. They are both burning up bright red and one ear is swollen on verge with little bumps & has now indented 😓. I'm scared indent getting worse. I went to GP yesterday he has referred me to ear, nose & throat and gave me doxycycline to try in meantime. Verge of ear thinner than other ear now and panicking. I finished amoxcillin yesterday for uti and I wonder should I start doxycycline today or leave it a day as I just finished amoxcillin yesterday. Has anyone experienced problem with bumps/swelling and ear shape changing alongside burning. Thanks so much for your help x

Flossieteacake

Re: Burning swollen ear
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023, 08:17:24 AM »

Hello Hopeful. I was wondering how you were. Sorry to hear your ear is burning like that. Did the GP say anything about being on one antibiotic and starting a different one?

Hopeful2

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023, 08:21:53 AM »

Hi flossieteacake.

How are you? Nice to hear from you 😊. I did mention I was just finishing course but he didn't say anything.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2023, 08:26:00 AM »

Hi flossieteacake.

How are you? Nice to hear from you 😊. I did mention I was just finishing course but he didn't say anything.

Then it sounds like he wants you to go straight on to the other antibiotic.

I am okay thank you. How are things apart from your poor ear?

Hopeful2

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2023, 08:51:28 AM »

Well still struggling to up my oestrogen as was getting big cyst like bumps at start with but bumps are becoming smaller now more like regular spots and go away quicker so my body looks like it's starting to tolerate it better at last. So I've gone up to 1 and a bit pumps so that's something hoping I can go up to 2 pumps soon.

Been crying and making a fool of myself at work panicking about health and taking medication, if I have to leave this job I dont think I will work again as anxiety crippling me. So I'm no bundle of laughs I'm afraid wish I was a stronger person 😊.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2023, 09:07:47 AM »

Well still struggling to up my oestrogen as was getting big cyst like bumps at start with but bumps are becoming smaller now more like regular spots and go away quicker so my body looks like it's starting to tolerate it better at last. So I've gone up to 1 and a bit pumps so that's something hoping I can go up to 2 pumps soon.

Been crying and making a fool of myself at work panicking about health and taking medication, if I have to leave this job I dont think I will work again as anxiety crippling me. So I'm no bundle of laughs I'm afraid wish I was a stronger person 😊.

It is wonderful you are now able to tolerate one and a bit pump of oestrogen! That is a huge improvement. I remember when you did not think it would ever be possible so this is so hopeful.

You are going through such a lot and feeling anxious and crying does not mean you are not a strong person. You are human and we humans have emotions. Please do not be hard on yourself. It takes time for hornomes to settle and it is still very early for you.

Hopeful2

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2023, 09:10:06 AM »

Thank you Flossieteacake 🤗. You are so lovely.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2023, 09:13:38 AM »

Thank you Flossieteacake 🤗. You are so lovely.

My pleasure. Please post anytime you need support or just to chat. There are some light threads on here too. :)

Hopeful2

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2023, 07:50:47 AM »

Good morning everyone.

Sorry to post on here again about this. Both ears are burning and sore touching off anything and now other ear has got indent on lobe. I am in a real panick. Is all this normal. Antibiotics haven't done anything 😓

Flossieteacake

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2023, 07:52:39 AM »

I am sorry to hear your ears are still sore. Your DR knows about this and has examined your ears so please remember they have been checked.

Could this be a reaction to you increasing the gel?

Hopeful2

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2023, 08:01:32 AM »

Hi Flossieteacake. Thanks for replying. I really don't know. I'm only taking 1 and a tiny bit pump.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2023, 08:26:46 AM »

Hi Flossieteacake. Thanks for replying. I really don't know. I'm only taking 1 and a tiny bit pump.

Did your ears start to swell after you increased the gel? I know your body is very sensitive to any medication so could this explain things?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2023, 05:02:11 PM »

Do you have pierced ears?