Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Sudden awful drunk/stoned feeling utrogestan  (Read 745 times)

Bandango42

Sudden awful drunk/stoned feeling utrogestan
« on: March 01, 2023, 10:01:16 PM »

Hi

I've been taking utrogestan since May 22 for 12 days of the month, 200mg. Never had an issue, no side effects.

The last 2 nights, after about 30 minutes of taking it I've had a sudden attack of feeling absolutely wasted, completely spaced out feeling. Almost like I'm stoned (not a cannabis user but have tried it in the past). My speech is slurred and I can't walk straight without holding onto something. Also my eyes can't focus properly. Once it happens I have about another 30 minutes to an hour before I pretty much pass out. Feel fine in the morning.

Anyone else experienced this? I'm feeling a bit unsettled as it's come on so suddenly, out of nowhere and never had it before. Nothings changed, taking it as normal at the same time on an empty stomach. Wondering if it's even the utrogestan or something else.

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sudden awful drunk/stoned feeling utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 07:42:56 AM »

Awful.  MayB put the product name into the search box to see if others have had similar?  Me - I would stop and speak to a Pharmacist or GP.

Bandango42

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 08:29:50 AM »

Thanks CLKD.

I have tried the search box, can't find anything similar, only discussions about dizziness. I don't feel dizzy as such, almost like I'm floating and totally off balance.

I will definitely call the gp if it happens again. I thought I'd ask here first though x

Charliehorse1

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 10:01:52 AM »

I had all those symptoms from the very first utrogestan tablet I took.

I simply couldn't function, felt so ill. Slurred speech, loss of balance and nausea all day. I tried taking them vaginally which lessened it slightly but still felt rubbish.

I persevered for about a month, even my family started saying stop taking it. I spoke to my Gp and told her what was happening and she advised I stop immediately and start using Provera instead. I have been on them since with absolutely not side effects.

As I said, this happened straight away for me, so I don't know if it can happen after taking them for a while as you have but I just think some people just can't tolerate them very well. There are alternatives if it gets too bad, so might be worth having a word with your doctor if it doesn't settle down.

Hope you feel better soon x

Peanut31

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2023, 10:10:55 AM »

I had the same feeling when I took it for the first time.

I put mine down to not leaving a 2 hour gap after food.

Now I make sure I leave the 2 hour gap and more and have been ok.

Best wishes
Peanut31

Bandango42

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2023, 04:00:22 PM »

Thanks ladies.

Peanut - I thought that may have been the problem on Tuesday, I think I took it about an hour & a half after food. But last night I didn't have any dinner and the same thing happened.

All very odd, like you say if it had happened from the start I would be convinced it was the tablets but 10 months down the line without a single side effect in all that time makes me think its something else most likely.

Will contact gp if it keeps happening.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2023, 07:26:47 PM »

Odd.  This should be reported on the Yellow Card option.  Let us know how you feel.