Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Progesterone  (Read 570 times)

Slinks27

Progesterone
« on: March 01, 2023, 10:11:45 AM »

Does anybody just take the progesterone part of HRT due to being sensitive to estrogen?

VanillaLover

Re: Progesterone
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2023, 10:43:23 AM »

Hello, I’ve heard of it being done…..not sure how easy it would be to get it prescribed though! What symptoms are you looking to sort?

Slinks27

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 04:23:34 PM »

All the symptoms under the sun. Brain fog, sleep, cold shivers, mood, aches and pains to name but a few

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2023, 08:00:28 PM »

What happens when you use oestrogen? Your symptoms should like oestrogen deficiency to me rather than progesterone. Sometimes it's the carrier that's the problem rather than oestrogen itself so may be worth trying something different.

Furyan

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2023, 08:19:36 PM »

Does anybody just take the progesterone part of HRT due to being sensitive to estrogen?

Hi - I’ve used progesterone only (Utrogestan vaginally every other day) for weeks on end and it alone completely sorted my hot flushes and sleep issues. I dis this when gradually easing into the HRT journey and found that adding even small does of oestrogen makes me put on a SIGNIFICANT amount of water weight e.g. once I came off the oestrogen I lost one stone in a week. The ONLY reason I opted to go back on oestrogen is because I’m beginning to feel it in my joints a bit and progesterone doesn’t address this for me. Needless to say on comes the water weight again so I’ve had to get water tablets from my GP. If I could find a way to lose the oestrogen part of HRT I would…

Slinks27

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2023, 12:37:18 PM »

I get super dizzy and feel sick to the point I literally can't do a thing, it actually scares me. Never got round to taking the progesterone part of HRT as yet so don't know how that will effect me.