Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Does this ever end?  (Read 616 times)

Jett

Does this ever end?
« on: March 02, 2023, 07:48:06 AM »

Hi friends,

I am reading all your posts, thank you for sharing it makes me feel like I am so not alone.

I need a bit of hope and also am curious if anyone is starting to feel like they are coming out the other side of the hormonal madness.  Does it sometimes even out again?

I am 52 been on Evorel conti for a year.  It has helped loads but it I still find myself hitting horrible periods of crippling anxiety/depression/brain fog/complete loss of confidence and inability to function at work and as a human being.  I have been like this for the last week, triggered I think by a stressful event as I got attacked two weeks ago. I am fine, I was lucky.

I don’t want to let this beat me but I can’t shake the tears in order to be able to function properly. 

Will this ever go away, will I ever feel like I am a strong stable person that can cope with day to day events or will I be this wreck for ever? I think I was peri for about 9 years then got really bad about 3 years ago, took a while to get the HRT sorted but was doing better.

Sorry for the ramblings I guess I just want to hear it won’t be like this forever- I know this bad patch will pass eventually, but not sure how long for.

Thank you for reading, sending hugs to you all- this menopause business is sh*t

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Does this ever end?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 07:52:35 AM »

:hug: :bighug:

What support have you been given from the Police after the incident?

Shock can be huge and last for a while.  Contact Victim Support or your local MIND centre; the latter were very good a few years back when I suffered a sudden death in the family. 

Shock can upset hormone levels too.  I think that you should ring your GP and ask for appropriate anti-anxiety medication to ease you over the next few months.  Symptoms can be made worse by anything out of routine - R U in work, is there a Personnel/HR Dept. that would advise?

Ring your GP a ring this morning and if they are unable to help immediately, do ask if they know of any 'crisis' support groups in your area.  The Samaritans may well have lists too as will Gay support groups. 

Let us know how you get on.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 08:18:59 AM »

I am so sorry you were attacked. I agree with CLKD you may be in shock.

You are not rambling. I think meno is different for everybody and there does not seem to be any particular pattern but often HRT needs to be tweaked and it can take time to find one that suits. Perhaps yours needs a tweak?

Jett

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 04:06:32 PM »

Thank you both for your replies I have support and counselling through work.

It will as you have suggested ask me GP if there is anything that might help too.

xxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2023, 06:35:14 PM »

Thank you both for your replies I have support and counselling through work.

It will as you have suggested ask me GP if there is anything that might help too.

xxx

I am glad you are getting support. It is so important. Please feel free to post for support too.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2023, 07:14:32 PM »

Do let us know how you get on.