Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cellulitis  (Read 4891 times)

KaraShannon

Re: Cellulitis
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2023, 07:51:00 PM »

Post viral syndrome is common: known as 'yuppy flu' in the 1980s  >:(.  Noted as a side effect of recent Covid infections.

Be kind to yourself!  U R on the mend.

Thanks.  I'm a lot better today.  Still no energy but eating.

Hopefully the way I felt yesterday was just my body doing one final sweep to make sure the infection was gone.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2023, 08:47:38 PM »

that's progress -  :clapping:

Ju Ju

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2023, 10:37:10 AM »

Yes, I’m glad you are getting better.

I had cellulitis on my face, while camping around New Zealand. Naively we camped along the west side of South Island and I was bitten by sand flies, even though we took great care. I looked as if I’d punched by DH! We thought I was having an allergic reaction. We had had to travel a long way to source medical help, which was a nurse alone at a clinic with a doctor on the phone. She said I had cellulitis and needed antibiotics. I refused as I was having to cope with IBS and antibiotics play havoc with the gut. I was told I could lose my sight and even worse get a brain infection, so I agreed. The antibiotics did the trick, but as they were known as ones to affect the digestive system, I paid the cost for several years.

I felt really rough for a few days. 70 next year and no intention of camping ever again! ;D

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2023, 10:40:10 AM »

That's awful.  As with salmonella-type gut infections, it can affect for years++ after.  Camping - in our 'van but not overnight, can't bear the walk to/from the facilities.

KaraShannon

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2023, 09:49:02 PM »

Ju Ju

Sorry to hear about that!  What a rough time.

I had an appetite on Sunday, and Monday.  This is after 2 weeks.  Yesterday I moved off the bed a number of times and thought I was improving.

Today I am on the bed all the time.  Just no energy.  Eaten less today.  But after 2 much better days I'm hoping things are going in the right direction. 

The doctor said thevinfection was gone on Friday, but I'm not bouncing back that's for sure.  But I have hardly eaten for 2 weeks.

KaraShannon

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2023, 09:51:03 PM »

that's progress -  :clapping:

Thanks CLKD

Just hope it continues.  I can't do anything atm, not even around the house.  Just no energy.  Glad my appetite is returning gradually though, I hope that's a good sign

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2023, 09:22:43 AM »

Calories = energy.  U haven't eaten.  Be kind to yourself!

KaraShannon

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2023, 10:28:14 PM »

Calories = energy.  U haven't eaten.  Be kind to yourself!

Thanks CLKD

Well today I had to take the bin out and decided to have a little walk. I didn't know if I'd collapse, but.. I didn't, I was like a caged bird that had  been let out.  I found a bench and sat out and didn't want to go back.  But I did, no point over doing it.

When I got back I ate and somehow stayed up for a few hours, I even got  bit of work done.  Radical change.

I didn't want food when I woke but decided I'd just peck all day, and strangely I think that helped

Worn out now, which at 10pm is very early for me, but happier, as I was not just shut in and in bed all day.

Thanks for walking through this nasty infection with me  🙂

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2023, 10:01:12 AM »

U R welcome.  I find grazing helps my energy levels and prevents that awful 'hungry' lurch which 4 me changes to intense nausea = not eating at all!

What did you see/hear whilst on the bench?

KaraShannon

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2023, 10:45:47 PM »

CLKD it's a little park, so parky things, lol, dogs etc

Today I didn't want you est but realised I've got to graze and that horrible feeling goes away, so I think its the result of fasting for almost a fortnight.

Seeing the doctor next week, but starting to feel more normal

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2023, 09:46:13 AM »

Grazing works for me ;-).  Dried fruits and nuts; bananas; grapes; toast with Marmite ......... little and often.  I like the idea of a park bench ;-)  though not in this weather  :D
Pages: 1 [2]