Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Spinal Osteoarthritis anyone?  (Read 1835 times)

canadagirl

Spinal Osteoarthritis anyone?
« on: March 08, 2023, 10:36:28 PM »

Got an Xray for a pesky hip thing that's been going on for about 6 months and it comes back as osteoarthritis in the spine.  Anyone else have this and have any tips for management etc?  I'm already pretty active so things like yoga and exercise are already well underway lol.

Thanks!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Spinal Osteoarthritis anyone?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 10:00:08 AM »

Aging.   ::).  Did the X-ray include pelvis and hips?  At which level does it hurt the most?   Over the counter pain relief should suffice, taken half an hour b4 strenuous anything.

Any pain down the legs i.e. sciatica?  Kneel rather than bending .........

canadagirl

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 04:04:29 PM »

Yes it was lumbar spine, pelvis and my hip/SI joints.  No pain down the back of the leg like sciatica - it's more inside of thigh to the knee but only when the hip is triggered.  Otherwise it's fine.  I try to avoid things like Advil cuz I have terrible GERD and that type of medication can make it worse.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 04:16:34 PM »

How about pain relief 'rubs' in a tube, if they do indeed work  :-\

I thought that I had sciatica a few months ago, turns out to be a bursitis ! and I'm lazy a bout exercising.  It wakes me in the early hours.  I find with sciatica that 2 nurofen and a brisk walk stretches the nerve.  Sometimes the root where it emerges in the buttock itches ! 

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2023, 04:17:17 PM »

How is your foot wear, as poor shoes etc. can impact all the way up to the back of the neck.  If I had a quid for everyone that I could stop in the street who has very bad foot wear on ...........  ;D