Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Newbie introducing myself  (Read 1584 times)

traydon

• First Flush
Newbie introducing myself
« on: February 28, 2023, 09:20:29 PM »

Hi all
And thank you for accepting me here. I’m 52 (had to think then lol) and I’ve been peri since I was 48. I managed well taking supplements until December just gone. Last year my periods were 4 months nothing, 5 months of periods, 3 months nothing and then Christmas Eve Bam. I really do wish they’d do one now. Anyhow I got so low and depressed that I was put on HRT 6 weeks ago. As much as my moods have lifted slightly, I’m aching more now than before taking them. I’m in Femoston 1/10. I know it takes time only just started. But I’m patiently waiting for the day I feel at lease 50% myself. Right now I still get down and just want to hibernate, I don’t feel attractive. I’ve put on copious amount of weight. And I’m still a moody snappy  B***h. I’ve been reading loads of different posts on here and it has made me see there is light at the end of the tunnel. My one thing that the Dr can’t figure out is why I’m having this discoloured discharge browny/greyish. I’ve had swabs taken, internal. Thought it was thrush, gave me Fluconazole, twice. Didn’t clear up, I’m thinking is this normal! And it’s been like this for about a good six months now. I’m fed up with this as I’m having to wear panty liners everyday and it making me sore and killing my love life. Anyhow that’s me. Xx

Flossieteacake

Re: Newbie introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2023, 09:26:02 PM »

Hello traydon and welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear of how you are feeling. You are right about needing to give HRT a little more time to know if you are on one that suits you. I have found with meno we have to be very patient. I am wondering if you are on anything for vaginal atrophy? This is treated with localised oestrogen.

Putting on weight it understandable so please do not be hard on yourself. It is really tough with hormones are all over the place. It is hard feeling irritable but hopefully the HRT will help with that too.

I think it is very reassuring you have had swabs taken so this means your Dr has ruled anything else. This is why I am wondering if it is vaginal atrophy.

You will find lots of support on here. :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 09:54:35 AM »

Morning.  The discharge may be old blood because there isn't enough hormone to cause a proper bleed, add HRT and the body gets confused  ::)

It may be that you need to up the dose of the replacement or try a different regime.  I'm sure that someone using Femoston will be along with advice, you could put the product name into the search box to read any threads on the Forum.

Do read the 'bladders issue' thread and those relating to vaginal atrophy. 

Let us know how you get on.

traydon

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2023, 12:26:49 PM »

I’m so sorry guys, how do I reply to each individual post?  :-\

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2023, 01:13:57 PM »

I’m so sorry guys, how do I reply to each individual post?  :-\

You can click 'quote' on each post you wish to reply to or you could just write your post and put the persons name and then a response so they know you are replying to them if that is easier.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2023, 01:21:11 PM »

Add your replies to this thread.  If you put i.e. CLKD then type what you want to say, that's enough ;-)

Browse round.  Join in.

traydon

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2023, 11:10:29 AM »

I just wanted to firstly say thank you all for the advice. I’ve made an appointment with my Dr to ask her about Vaginal Atrophy. My main concern about the discharge is the colour and smell. It’s like a musty smell, which I’m sure is not normal. And I have got a rash on my hand and arm since taking HRT that just will not go away. The joys   :-\

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2023, 11:14:23 AM »

I just wanted to firstly say thank you all for the advice. I’ve made an appointment with my Dr to ask her about Vaginal Atrophy. My main concern about the discharge is the colour and smell. It’s like a musty smell, which I’m sure is not normal. And I have got a rash on my hand and arm since taking HRT that just will not go away. The joys   :-\

I am glad you have made an appointment. I hope it goes well.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2023, 11:47:59 AM »

It may be may an allergic reaction which may happen.

Let us know how you get on.