Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hi new girl here with a new stutter?  (Read 8637 times)

babyjane

Re: Hi new girl here with a new stutter?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2016, 10:10:57 AM »

The time of year doesn't help as we are all juggling more balls and spinning more plates than we normally do in our day to day lives.  Try to prioritise rather than trying to do everything you usually do and more, and if that means leaving something undone they try not to feel guilty about it.

angeladesouza

• First Flush
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2023, 11:14:28 AM »

Did you ever get onto of this? I've just started having the same problem and can't find any info on this at all.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2023, 11:57:52 AM »

Morning.  How badly are you affected?  I often forget words, names, places etc..

SarahT

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2023, 12:13:32 PM »

Hiya First Flush,

I had the same problem. I could 'see' the object or person in my mind, but the word just would not come to me. And I ended so frustrated, and angry, stumbling over words to get the right one. And some people thinking  this is funny....I have only just realised that this is easing. Maybe the hrt has settled things after six months?

My anxiety can be bad and I know this affects my mind in so many ways. I ended using easy but effective techniques. Lists the biggy. But I would get so panicky at how much I had to do. So I moved the list to another room. That way I could do one task at a time without the massive list staring at me and increasing my thoughts of being overwhelmed, So I could complete the task, tick it off and move on to the next thing.

This helped me calm myself a bit, and in turn helped my stuttering word loss. It is not perfect now, but has improved. I think it is more common than you may think.

I hope others can suggest ways to help.

Hugs to all

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2023, 04:07:28 PM »

Lists were my saviour.  Anything not done by evening went onto next day's list.  Apart from getting dressed and feeding the pets, ticking off showed that I achieved something.
Pages: 1 [2]