Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HRT and severe mood swings  (Read 2975 times)

Flossieteacake

Re: HRT and severe mood swings
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2023, 07:58:29 PM »

Hi Flossieteacake Thank you so much again for your reply. I am so sorry you are housebound - it is very isolating.  I am lucky I can get out rarely for a tiny bit.

My periods stopped about 14 years ago so I guess I can't have PDD but looking at the description it feels like that.

Thanks I will be honest with the mental health team.  I'm so glad that therapy has helped you a lot as you are in a very challenging position too by the sound of it.

Many thanks again for your kindness in taking the time to reply. x

You are most welcome. :)

Ah I see. So it may not be PDD then but something else hormonal. Hopefully you can get to the bottom of this now that you are going to speak to the mental health team and they will get you some support.

Thank you. Please feel free to post as much as you like to.

zen

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2023, 05:09:35 PM »

Hi Flossieteacakes

Thanks very much again for your reply. The mental health nurse was suggesting I get an occupational therapist to structure my days better, do more things I enjoy etc, we talked about animal therapy and doing a tiny bit of voluntary work, better pacing etc.

Some of that might help my mood generally but I'm not sure it really addressed my severe  big dips in mood/agitation.  She said to phone a helpline a helpline for that...... 

Thanks again.  x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2023, 06:31:36 PM »

Hi Flossieteacakes

Thanks very much again for your reply. The mental health nurse was suggesting I get an occupational therapist to structure my days better, do more things I enjoy etc, we talked about animal therapy and doing a tiny bit of voluntary work, better pacing etc.

Some of that might help my mood generally but I'm not sure it really addressed my severe  big dips in mood/agitation.  She said to phone a helpline a helpline for that...... 

Thanks again.  x

I am pleased to get an update from you. How do you feel with the suggestions you were given? Voluntary work can be very difficult when you have ME/CFS.

I am a bit suprised you were not offered any therapy or even the option to speak to a psychiatrist. Perhaps the Mental Health nurse did not think that was helpful.

How do you feel after your call?

zen

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2023, 06:57:05 PM »

Hi Flossieteacake

Thanks very much again for your reply.  I haven't been on the forum for a few days as  I've been so exhausted. Yes I'm not sure how useful seeing the mental health nurse was.  I have tried voluntary work before and I struggled with it and my health is much worse now.  She also suggested seeing an occupational therapist but that does not really address my low mood and then further dips in mood which are cyclical.  My latest estrodail test was 327 which I don't know how significant that is.  I think I posted the level before but  may not have got it right. I am sure it is hormonal as I feel my hormones are all over the place as I am getting frequent light bleeds on HRT which I shouldn't be getting but it has been investigated. 

Thanks again x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2023, 07:43:04 PM »

Hi Flossieteacake

Thanks very much again for your reply.  I haven't been on the forum for a few days as  I've been so exhausted. Yes I'm not sure how useful seeing the mental health nurse was.  I have tried voluntary work before and I struggled with it and my health is much worse now.  She also suggested seeing an occupational therapist but that does not really address my low mood and then further dips in mood which are cyclical.  My latest estrodail test was 327 which I don't know how significant that is.  I think I posted the level before but  may not have got it right. I am sure it is hormonal as I feel my hormones are all over the place as I am getting frequent light bleeds on HRT which I shouldn't be getting but it has been investigated. 

Thanks again x

Never worry about not being able to post, you must rest when you are fatigued. I notice MH team are obsessed with getting people into voluntary work and often do not even consider if this is a realistic option for the person.

I am unsure about anything to do with readings and blood tests but hopefully somebody else will post who knows or you could even start a new thread to ask about that.

Is therapy something you feel would be helpful?

Mollymoo

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2023, 08:56:25 PM »

PS my last lot of CBT was all done online which was excellent actually so your health and mobility problems shouldn’t be a barrier in accessing help.

Please can I ask which website you used for CBT as I need to look at this too x

Mollymoo

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2023, 09:01:16 PM »

Hi Flossieteacake

Thanks again x

I really feel for you Zen, it'd awful. I went to my gp today as I have  een crying hysterically for days now. I gave her a list of all my symptoms and she said it's not hormonal, it's  depression. So I was given antidepressants and advised to have therapy.
I had a blood test and it showed my estrogen levels were normal whilst being on hrt but I am convinced it is hormonal.

zen

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2023, 09:27:16 AM »

Hi Flossieteacake and Mollymoo

Thanks very much for your replies. I've been feeling pretty low and very exhausted so have not been on this forum for bit.

Yes voluntary work is totally unrealistic for me as with my ME/CFS as I can't leave the house often.  I have had counselling over the years in the past but not really intensive therapy which I think may be useful.

I am so sorry Mollymoo that you are having such a hard time too. I so feel for you too. Hugs and love. I like you think my depression is related to hormones mostly although obviously the ME/CFS/thyroid problems don't help.... Are you on you own Mollymo or do you have some support? Did you get any CBT info?  I didn't find it great for me but it has helped other people so I can hopefully send you a private message with CBT info if I can work out how to do that!  If not feel free to send me a private message and I'll reply.

Thanks again x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2023, 10:19:09 AM »

Hi Flossieteacake and Mollymoo

Thanks very much for your replies. I've been feeling pretty low and very exhausted so have not been on this forum for bit.

Yes voluntary work is totally unrealistic for me as with my ME/CFS as I can't leave the house often.  I have had counselling over the years in the past but not really intensive therapy which I think may be useful.

I am so sorry Mollymoo that you are having such a hard time too. I so feel for you too. Hugs and love. I like you think my depression is related to hormones mostly although obviously the ME/CFS/thyroid problems don't help.... Are you on you own Mollymo or do you have some support? Did you get any CBT info?  I didn't find it great for me but it has helped other people so I can hopefully send you a private message with CBT info if I can work out how to do that!  If not feel free to send me a private message and I'll reply.

Thanks again x

I am so sorry you have been feeling so low, Zen. It is just a horrible feeling. CBT is not going to be in-depth enough for you so I think it would be a very good idea to try something more tailored. I found cognitive analytic therapy to me the best one for me.

VanillaLover

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2023, 02:17:36 PM »

Hi Molly moo, sorry I’ve only just seen this. My therapy was online as in video link to therapist. There are lots of self help CBT courses around while you wait for a referral (you can refer yourself without asking your GP by the way). Every Mind Matters is a useful place to start.
Pages: 1 [2]