Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Does estrogel gel wear off during the day?  (Read 1013 times)

Sue1972

Does estrogel gel wear off during the day?
« on: March 12, 2023, 05:56:18 PM »

I have just starting using Estrogel after being on patches for a year.

I use 3 pumps at night before I go to bed but I have noticed I start to feel a little off later in the day, just like I did when I knew I was ready for a new patch.

I feel even worse when I have been exercising during the day.

Has anyone experienced this?

Should I maybe try splitting the usage to 2 pumps at night and 1 in the morning? What do you think?

Any advice welcome.

discogirl

Re: Does estrogel gel wear off during the day?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 06:16:30 PM »

hi sue1972

im on gel 3 pumps.

i use it all in the morning and it seems fine.  however if you do feel it wearing off spliting the dose AM and PM sounds as though its the answer.

thats the beauty with the gel.

take care xxx

Gnatty

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 07:09:33 AM »

Yes  I would try splitting your dose. And also exercise does seem to make a difference for a lot of us. On those days you could try adding a bit extra. I take three pumps am and one pump pm. But I may swap that to two in the morning and two at night

Sue1972

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 07:43:03 AM »

Many thanks Discogirl and Gnatty,

I took 2 pumps last night and actually had the best sleep I have had since starting the gel. I have a watch that measures my stress levels and I have experienced high stress at night when I have been having 3 pumps at once at bedtime. Last night I recorded no stress! I have just had my 3rd pump this morning, so I will see how the rest of my day goes. 🤞

I think I will also cut down on the exercise by maybe not doing as much intense training and see if that makes a difference. I have also read that weight training may be better than cardio so I will give that a go too.

Pippa52

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2023, 10:56:07 AM »

Yes when I was on it I certainly felt that.  When I had a blood test it actually showed that I was not absorbing the gel at all (blood level was 53) and the Meno consultant told me I might as well not be taking the gel at all and I was swopped onto patches.  I clearly an a very poor absorber but the patches seem to be doing the trick as my level is slowly increasing at long last.  Hope so much you can get the gel dosage right and it all works out well for you x

Sue1972

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2023, 12:04:40 PM »

Thanks Pippa52,

I have been swapped from Everol Sequi 50 patches to Oestrogel and Utrogestan. Apparently you can not increase these over the 50 dosage so I really hope I can absorb the gel 🤞 x