Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: New to this  (Read 1100 times)

Ladyluck

• First Flush
New to this
« on: February 28, 2023, 04:16:25 PM »

Hi ladies
This is my first time posting.
I'm 47 currently going through the menopause after a couple of years of being told I'm not.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New to this
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2023, 04:20:56 PM »

:welcomemm:

Where you told that U are 'too young'?  Many medics are fixated on the average age of 51  >:(

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use to chart progress.  Tell us more about your symptoms?  There are many as hormones wax and wane = peri-menopause.

How can we help?

Ladyluck

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2023, 04:36:05 PM »

Yes was told I was too young,was told it's my MS "playing up "
Hot flashes,mood swings ( told the Dr I was ready to murder somebody) no regular period for 2 yrs
Blood test confirmed I was in menapause,been using Evorel Conti Patches ( on 3rd box )
All was great,but last 6 weeks or so I've been having periods some for a week some for couple of days can't get hold of the dr's
I'm confused

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2023, 04:40:21 PM »

Your hormones are probably confused too.  Any hints in the leaflet in the box?  Could you send an e-mail to the Pracice Manager and ask to see the Nurse Practitioner or a GP au fait with menopause? 

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2023, 05:44:52 PM »

Hello Ladyluck and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you were not listened to. I too was told I was too young. It is very dismissive and annoying.

It may help to put Evorel Conti into the search bar on here and see what threads come up. I am sure somebody who knows about Evorel Conti will be along soon. :)