Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Spotting  (Read 2805 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Spotting
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2023, 03:48:13 PM »

Begin by doing some deep breaths.

We are all dying.  But you probably aren't, as from here your symptoms appear 2B peri-menopause.  STOP googling.  He don't know nowt and if you confuse rubbish info with what you could learn from us, then your brain will go into overdrive.  Do re-read our replies and make notes

We have a thread about 'what we have diagnosed today'  ::) - most of us have found that after 2/3 days that symptom disappears to be taken over by something else ....... all still here!

Anxiety can overwhelm us.  However, what's the worst that could happen?  In answer to your query: " ....  Peri-menopause are the years that we notice oddities and changes in our menstrual cycle.  4 me I had regular periods followed by breaks of several months B4 starting again.  My periods had been heavy, painful and 10 days long so it was a relief for me to have lighter bleeds" .....  as well as having a brown 'show' at the end of each bleed.  No real problems since.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 03:50:21 PM by CLKD »

mk94

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2023, 04:48:32 PM »

I'm really trying to calm down.

But I have not had a period since December and the spotting has no rhyme or reason. It just comes and goes.  Nothing for a few days to a week then bang spotting for a few days and then repeat.  :'(

Flossieteacake

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2023, 04:49:54 PM »

I'm really trying to calm down.

But I have not had a period since December and the spotting has no rhyme or reason. It just comes and goes.  Nothing for a few days to a week then bang spotting for a few days and then repeat.  :'(

This is what happens with peri. I did some research and red that spotting is more frequent in woman who do not take HRT. I am so sad you are worrying yourself sick over this. Is there anything we can do to help? Would it be possible to contact your GP to have a chat?

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2023, 05:40:06 PM »

What's the worst that can happen, what worries you the most?  How did you expect peri-menopause to arrive, many think that periods stop.  End of.  Have U read the responses here?  As I explained, this is how peri might manifest itself, on/off/on/break/off/on .........

It's The Change - does what is says on the tin.  There is no rhyme or reason.  As oestrogen levels drop there may be less impulse from the hormones to speed the womb to cleanse itself.  'within normal limits' for most women.

I suggest that you contact your Nurse Practitioner for a face2face chat, take along a list of your worries. 

mk94

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2023, 10:08:14 PM »

What's the worst that can happen, what worries you the most?  How did you expect peri-menopause to arrive, many think that periods stop.  End of.  Have U read the responses here?  As I explained, this is how peri might manifest itself, on/off/on/break/off/on .........

It's The Change - does what is says on the tin.  There is no rhyme or reason.  As oestrogen levels drop there may be less impulse from the hormones to speed the womb to cleanse itself.  'within normal limits' for most women.

I suggest that you contact your Nurse Practitioner for a face2face chat, take along a list of your worries.

A Cancer diagnoses is my biggest fear and that they caught it way to late because I haven't had any smears for so long  :'( Anything else I can deal with

Curlygirl

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2023, 10:51:09 PM »

Mk94 please try not to worry. I’m in a similar position at the moment and been driving myself crazy with worry and anxiety.

My periods started to change a year ago. They become much lighter and one or 2 a few days longer than usual. In November I had a period that seemed to take ages to start, then I came on as normal, then I had a few days with nothing thinking it was finished, then spotting for 2 days, then nothing again for a few days and then spotting again. I then missed December altogether, had one which was normal in January and started spotting again 38 days later at the end of Feb. I have always had a few days to a week of spotting before a period but these days it worries me sick.

The spotting I am experiencing at the moment goes from brown spotting one minute to a very light bleed another and keeps going between the 2. Im on day 4 of it at the moment. Only need a pantyliner at the moment

I’m sure that it’s all normal for peri, but anxiety always makes it something much more in our heads as we’ve been used to the same thing every month for many years

I have regular meetings with my doctor probably once a month to discuss any concerns I have and just knowing I have that appointment coming up sometimes makes me feel a bit better about things. Not always, but sometimes. She’s very switched on about all things menopause and very knowledgeable about HRT.

HRT hasn’t been suitable for me at the moment, but I may try it again at a later date

Speak to your GP if you are finding it’s making you anxious, but I’m sure it’s just the process of peri
Xx

« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 10:54:18 PM by Curlygirl »

mk94

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2023, 04:08:08 PM »

Thank you ladies I've read all your helpful replies.

I'm still too scared to do anything. I'm still in bed today scared to get up and go to the bathroom to use the toilet. So scared to see more brown discharge and start my day of panicking that is cancer.

I'm sorry I just need to tell someone how am feeling. When will this brown discharge stop

Flossieteacake

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2023, 06:33:57 PM »

Thank you ladies I've read all your helpful replies.

I'm still too scared to do anything. I'm still in bed today scared to get up and go to the bathroom to use the toilet. So scared to see more brown discharge and start my day of panicking that is cancer.

I'm sorry I just need to tell someone how am feeling. When will this brown discharge stop

You have nothing to be sorry for mk94. I am deeply sorry you are feeling so anxious. Have you told anybody how you feel? I was thinking of somebody you feel comfortable tallking to such as a friend or family member.

mk94

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2023, 04:12:06 PM »

Good morning ladies. Please forgive me for posting again

I'm still in bad shape over this spotting/discharge.  I am now convinced that I have uterine cancer. I have all the symptoms google says.  I'm Obese, I have spikes in my estrogen. I'm in late menopause at age 57. I keep getting brown discharge or blood light spotting all the time with no rhyme or reason. It's not stopping. In the past year, I had flooding periods with massive clots leading up to no periods for a few months now and just spotting every day.  All these symptoms point to Uterine, ovarian or cervical cancer. 

This fighting in my head with my health anxiety demon is so exhausting.  The fight in my head is none stop.  "you need to go to the doctor!" No, I can't I'm so terrified that he will tell me I have cancer!!  What if I'm too late and I'm going to die? But what if it's early and they caught it early? What if are killing me? Right now not going to the doctor is winning this fight BUT sadly but I know better.  This nightmare of arguing in my head is consuming me every waking moment of the day.

I need help.

Do any other ladies on here have my symptoms and it just turned out to be just menopause??

late menopause at 57, horrendous periods last year with flooding with massive clots that lasted weeks. Then changing to periods every few months sometimes 5 months. Now Just spotting on and off with no period just blood on wiping every day. Oh yay, I also had months with a very heavy egg-like discharge for weeks on end but that just meant my period was going to be extremely heavy. Now I also have water discharge sometimes and I think I've peed myself it too had a hint of brown in it. I also have an undiagnosed rectocele prolapse

Im I going to die? :'( :(

« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 04:45:44 PM by mk94 »

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2023, 04:19:13 PM »

Do re-read the responses you have had here.  I had brown shows after each period.  Yours is probably due to not enough hormone to cleanse your womb sufficiently so you are seeing brown staining.  It's part and parcel of The Change.

Why GOOGLE when you have been given advice on here, from ladies who 'know' more than GOOGLE will ever do: unless you are reading NHS sites?

If you do have cancer that isn't treated you will be very ill, you will feel a lot worse than you do now and will need to see a medic eventually.  Is there some1 who could go with you?  Why not have a chat with the Nurse Practitioner at your Surgery or contact your local MIND charity group? 

How do you know that you have a rectocele prolapse which needs a doctor to diagnose  :-\ as a medical secretary, the sooner a person seeks treatment the better it is. 

Do go back to remove the black type as that is 'shouting' ;-).  Until U make that appt. you will continue to be troubled by intrusive thought patterns. Ladies here can advise but none of us are medically trained, we exchange experiences based on individual symptoms. 

mk94

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2023, 05:06:52 PM »

Hi CLKD
I have read all the comments and they were very helpful and calming. Thank you.  But I'm still worried  :'( Your spotting of brown discharge after your period is very normal I have that too.  But my discharge/spotting is all the time for the last month or so with no period in sight. And it changes from bright red one day and tapers off with brown for a few and that turns normal white. And then it starts all over again with Red to brown to normal and so forth. This is been going on since late January. I just want it to stop already :'(

VanillaLover

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2023, 05:20:24 PM »

Hi again

I am so sorry that you are feeling so anxious and upset.

It’s really hard isn’t it when you have a fear of the doctors (and what they will tell you).

You won’t get any peace of mind until you do something about this, I’m sure you know that.

It probably isn’t anything nasty….there are lots of very common causes of this type of thing. Including fibroids, polyps etc…or just menopause hormones. Or possibly even cancer. No one on here can tell you 100% that it isn’t anything nasty!

I went to my appointment yesterday, the doctor was lovely. She examined me and said my cervix looked good. My uterus is enlarged though…so I have to have a scan. It’s probably fibroids or adenomyosis I know. Of course I have a little voice in my head going “could be cancer, they might do scan and find something dodgy”. But in a way I feel better for having started the process in motion. Yes it’s scary and a nuisance to have to go to appointments. But drs just want me to be safe. And you!

Please see if you can book an appointment. Ask for a female GP if you prefer. As someone else has suggested, can anyone go with you to give you support?

mk94

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2023, 06:42:48 PM »

I know I really should go to the doctor for peace of mind but I'm so terrified of the outcome. I am to most unlucky person ever.
PoppyToast I really don't have anyone to confide in.

I did have a fibroid in my last pregnancy 18 years ago. OB wasn't worried so I never followed up on it.
I went for regular checkups and pap smears right up to my 40s.  I stop going to doctors after I lost my 7 yr old son to a brain tumour. Medical tests, scans and biopsies are always bad news in my mind. The only thing I'm being treated for is my anxiety with antidepressants and Ativan

Thank you all for trying to calm me and giving me great advice.  I just want this stopping/discharge to stop already so I don't have a breakdown every time I go to the washroom.  :'(

My name is Mary btw

Flossieteacake

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2023, 06:59:04 PM »

I know I really should go to the doctor for peace of mind but I'm so terrified of the outcome. I am to most unlucky person ever.
PoppyToast I really don't have anyone to confide in.

I did have a fibroid in my last pregnancy 18 years ago. OB wasn't worried so I never followed up on it.
I went for regular checkups and pap smears right up to my 40s.  I stop going to doctors after I lost my 7 yr old son to a brain tumour. Medical tests, scans and biopsies are always bad news in my mind. The only thing I'm being treated for is my anxiety with antidepressants and Ativan

Thank you all for trying to calm me and giving me great advice.  I just want this stopping/discharge to stop already so I don't have a breakdown every time I go to the washroom.  :'(

My name is Mary btw

Mary I am so very sorry you lost your son. My heart goes out to you. This explains why you fear going to the Drs. I would think the only way round this is therapy but I know you will have to be in the right frame of mind for that.

It is an awful situation for you being so worried and unable to get things checked out. I so wish I could help. This sounds like a deep rooted psychological fear that will take some time to deal with.

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2023, 07:33:04 PM »

Do U want us to know your name, it may lead to your being recognised?

Sorry about your son.  Not enough research into brain tumours, MinL died of a glioblastoma at the age of 82. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3