Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti side effects  (Read 541 times)

MaureenA

• First Flush
Evorel Conti side effects
« on: February 27, 2023, 03:30:20 PM »

Hi Guys,

I started Evorel Sequi patches 4 months ago. (50 and Conti). Flushes and sweats stopped immediately but I've noticed that I am having horrible mood swings and painful breasts a few days after starting the Conti. Still brain foggy throughout. I heard somewhere that there is a gentler alternative to the Conti patch. Do you know which product they mean and if so, can it be combined with the Evorel 50? Thanks x

Wrensong

Re: Evorel Conti side effects
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 04:39:18 PM »

Hello MaureenA  :welcomemm:  Glad to know that your first HRT has resolved your flushes & sweats, but it sounds as though the synthetic Norethisterone in Evorel Conti doesn't suit you too well, which is not that unusual.  Many of us have to kiss a few frogs before we find our prince.

You may be thinking of Utrogestan capsules as an alternative, which contain body identical micronised progesterone & are considered the gold standard for HRT use.  These can be combined with any form of oestradiol, so you could indeed ask to try them with Evorel 50 patches.  Just be aware that although a lot of women get on well with them & there's no reason to think you won't be among them, they are pretty much Marmite, but should you find they are not suitable for you there will be other options further down the line.

I don't use Utrogestan myself but I believe there have recently been supply issues with this medication.  Checking the BMS website for the latest update, the manufacturer is quoted as saying that availability was expected to improve towards the end of Feb, so hopefully you'll be able to get hold of some if this is what you & your prescriber decide on as next step.

Good luck with it & I hope you feel better soon.
Wx
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 04:47:52 PM by Wrensong »

MaureenA

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 07:00:28 PM »

Thank you so much. I'm going straight into looking at the Utrogestan capsules. Fabulous information x

Wrensong

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 07:09:08 PM »

Bless you MaureenA.  It's a pleasure. :)
Wx