News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hrt  (Read 724 times)

Simbim001

• First Flush
Hrt
« on: February 27, 2023, 05:02:20 PM »

hi all, i am postmenopausal, no periods for almost 2 years. i have been prescribed Evorel 25 along with utrogestan 100, to take every day.
has anyone any experience with this combination? i am worried about bleeding.
thankS

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hrt
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 05:11:06 PM »

Hi!. I'm sure that someone will be along with advice. 

:welcomemm:  browse round. Make notes.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 05:49:41 PM »

Hi simbim

:welcomemm:

Many women are given oestrogen with separate utrogestan to take continuously as you have been prescribed. What are the symptoms that led you to start HRT and how old are you?

In many cases there can be some bleeding when continuous HRT is first started so do be prepared for that, but this usually settles after 6 months if not before. That oestrogen dose is a low one anyway so hopefully any bleeding or spotting will be minimal until your body settles.

Good luck with it and hope it does what you're hoping!

Hurdity x

Songbird

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 06:02:11 PM »

Hi Simbim
I started on evorel 25 and oral utrogestan (100) over a year ago (after being post menopausal for 5 years). At my 3 monthly review I had my patch increased to 50 as I felt it wasn’t quite alleviating my symptoms.  I have to say I have had no issues with this combination (no bleeding either).
I hope you find your symptoms improving on this regime.

Teresa

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2023, 07:17:03 PM »

Hi Simbim,

I’ve been on Evorel 75 and utrogestan for about a year now and I too started on the 25mg. It is the best combination of HRT I’ve found. I also tried Estradot but I didn’t absorb the oestregen very well. Some find Estradot better, some find it worse than Evorel.

It’s worth trying it to see how you get on. There are other alternatives if there are any problems, but try and give it 2/3 months first before you decide if this combo is right you or not. You can also increase the patch after 3 months, if you feel it’s not enough.

Good luck,
Teresa

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2023, 07:35:21 PM »

I think your gp is good. She's started you on a low dose of oestrogen which is advisable when you've been without any for some time. The patches that have a progestin as well as oestrogen are 50 so twice as strong as your prescription.

Simbim001

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2023, 07:15:29 AM »

Thank you all very much for the replies.
My main symptoms are insomnia, I am very emotional for no reason, vaginal atrophy, hot flashes mostly at night. And weight gain, I blame the weight gain on my mood and lack of any motivation.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2023, 08:30:35 AM »

Thank you all very much for the replies.
My main symptoms are insomnia, I am very emotional for no reason, vaginal atrophy, hot flashes mostly at night. And weight gain, I blame the weight gain on my mood and lack of any motivation.

Have you been given anything for vaginal atrophy? This needs treating with localised oestrogen such as ovestin and vagifem. There are lots of helpful tips about vaginal atrophy on here.

It is good you have been given HRT for your other symptoms.

Simbim001

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2023, 08:51:49 AM »

Yes I have been prescribed the cream

Flossieteacake

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2023, 09:18:51 AM »

Yes I have been prescribed the cream

Your GP sounds brilliant!  :)