Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New to menopause  (Read 2475 times)

CJT

New to menopause
« on: February 27, 2023, 04:11:38 PM »

Hi guys. I’m just starting my menopause journey and about to start HRT. What I’d like to ask is what and if any extra vitamins and supplements do people take? It’s a minefield of information out there. Also do people find HRT helps with brain fog. Mine is shocking and I’m really struggling with it. Thanks in advance for any help x

Flossieteacake

Re: New to menopause
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 04:25:59 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. HRT has helped me so much with brain fog. As for supplements I find it better to focus on things the individual may need but calcium is a good one. Just be careful not to take supplements that interact with each other.

discogirl

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 04:30:21 PM »

hi CJT

welcome to the forum.

i find magnesium bisglycinate is good however as flossieteacake said its very individual and all depends on what you want it to help with.

tbere are lots of good advice on this forum though xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 04:43:55 PM »

Hi! we have a thread: doing stupid things : you'll fit right in ;-)

Browse round.  Make notes.  Ask away. 

CJT

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2023, 05:04:20 PM »

Thanks sounds like a good forum with lots of information and support 😊
Anything to really avoid?

CJT

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2023, 05:05:46 PM »

Hi! we have a thread: doing stupid things : you'll fit right in ;-)

Browse round.  Make notes.  Ask away.

Thanks sounds like I will 😂
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 05:15:24 PM by CJT »

discogirl

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2023, 05:45:53 PM »

Thanks sounds like a good forum with lots of information and support 😊
Anything to really avoid?

hi CJT

honestly and truly everyone on here is lovely and we all just try to support one another as best we can.

we are all suffering with this menopause business in one form or another and i find it a very safe place to get support and advice.  this forum has helped me no end xxx

SarahT

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2023, 08:00:49 PM »

discogirl, I couldn't agree more. The support and understanding here is massively important. Some days I just have a little login the forum just for some reassurance I am not on my own with this hormonal chaos.

CJT, hello to you. So much information and personal experiences on this forum.  Some of these ladies seem to always, always be logged in to send  someone just the  right word or point  them in a helpful direction.

You have come to the right place.

Hugs to all

MrsHormoans

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2023, 05:04:36 PM »

Hi guys. I’m just starting my menopause journey and about to start HRT. What I’d like to ask is what and if any extra vitamins and supplements do people take? It’s a minefield of information out there. Also do people find HRT helps with brain fog. Mine is shocking and I’m really struggling with it. Thanks in advance for any help x
Hi CJT 👋 I'm a newbie too, I only posted my first post today & was prescribed & began taking HRT today too! So although experiencing perimenopause symptoms for past few years, only beginning my hrt journey today so little to offer in terms of advice but I did ask go about supplements in addition to taking HRT & asked if could continue taking my menopace nightime supplements & was told it was fine to do so as would not interfere with HRT & supplements tailored for Peri/menopausal womens needs. So that's what I intend to do for the time being at least, unless it becomes apparent further down the line that specific supplements would serve my needs better. Hope that helps anyway. I'm also hopeful that HRT will help with brain fog too & hope others respond so I can have a read - that's if I remember too 🤣 as I struggle with it too 🤯

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2023, 05:17:19 PM »

If our diets are good and we have a good exercise regime (note to self  :-\) the body should not require supplements other than VitD capsules.  A few years ago even though I spent a lot of time outside in our garden or walking, my levels became very low and a blood test showed that I required a top up  ::)

CJT

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2023, 07:13:39 PM »

Thanks for all your replies. I’m really struggling whether to take or not. I’ve been
prescribed femoston 1/10, anyone else taking this and how are you getting on with it? Did you start bleeding again? Did it help with the typical menopause symptoms? Sorry for all the questions I’m struggling with depression which is not helping my decision making. X

CJT

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2023, 09:49:03 AM »

Hi CJT 👋 I'm a newbie too, I only posted my first post today & was prescribed & began taking HRT today too! So although experiencing perimenopause symptoms for past few years, only beginning my hrt journey today so little to offer in terms of advice but I did ask go about supplements in addition to taking HRT & asked if could continue taking my menopace nightime supplements & was told it was fine to do so as would not interfere with HRT & supplements tailored for Peri/menopausal womens needs. So that's what I intend to do for the time being at least, unless it becomes apparent further down the line that specific supplements would serve my needs better. Hope that helps anyway. I'm also hopeful that HRT will help with brain fog too & hope others respond so I can have a read - that's if I remember too 🤣 as I struggle with it too 🤯

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2023, 10:30:54 AM »

Depression can totally over whelm the brain into not being able to function.  Now that I take appropriate medication, I feel a lot better.  My brain doesn't always keep up with me though  ::).

What's to lose if you try the regime?  Other than not wanting to feel worse of course  :-\

sheila99

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2023, 01:46:20 PM »

Unless you're short of something supplements are just flushing your money down the toilet. You could get a blood test done to see if actually need them (medichecks, there are probably others too). Vit d is an exception as most of us are deficient at least in winter.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2023, 04:08:55 PM »

That was the comment made by a dietician in a media article last year.  Any1 with a good diet, regular hydration, good exercise and sleeping OK should not require supplements.  Other than VitD.  The body will discharge anything that the body doesn't require except I think, ??? iron ???.

Pages: [1] 2