Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New member  (Read 2574 times)

Badgerandbean

• First Flush
Re: New member
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2023, 05:04:37 AM »

Thank you discogirl. It's nice to know. You take care too xx

Badgerandbean

• First Flush
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2023, 05:14:56 AM »

Hi MrsHormoans
Thanks so much for your message. I am feeling all over the place - currently 5am and have been awake for a while. I think I need further advice on this and having struggled with my mental health before I don't want to assume the HRT might work miracles and I don't know if I can cope with life feeling like this if it takes 2-3 months to help me.
Always happy to DM for support if you're happy to do that? Not sure how to (lol) but I'm sure someone can tell me!!
It's a tough time of life for women. I'm so glad there's somewhere to come to support ourselves and each other. You look after yourself x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2023, 07:46:34 AM »

Hi MrsHormoans
Thanks so much for your message. I am feeling all over the place - currently 5am and have been awake for a while. I think I need further advice on this and having struggled with my mental health before I don't want to assume the HRT might work miracles and I don't know if I can cope with life feeling like this if it takes 2-3 months to help me.
Always happy to DM for support if you're happy to do that? Not sure how to (lol) but I'm sure someone can tell me!!
It's a tough time of life for women. I'm so glad there's somewhere to come to support ourselves and each other. You look after yourself x

I can understand you feeling anxious is may take time for the HRT to work. Is your Dr supportive towards your mental health?

I do not think you have made enough posts to send a private message yet. I cannot remember how many posts need to be made.

Badgerandbean

• First Flush
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2023, 10:03:59 AM »

Hi Flossieteacake
Hope you're well.
I don't have an assigned Dr but I know the one who is ringing me today so I'll see how I get on.
No problem about the DM 🙂

Flossieteacake

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2023, 10:27:01 AM »

Hi Flossieteacake
Hope you're well.
I don't have an assigned Dr but I know the one who is ringing me today so I'll see how I get on.
No problem about the DM 🙂

I do not have an assigned Dr either. I hope the one who calls is understanding.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2023, 01:43:31 PM »

GP Practices don't often have a dedicated GP which makes continuation of care really difficult unless 1 is prepared to wait.  There is the option at our surgery to see a Nurse Practitioner, in fact it seems that a lot of issues that GPs used to deal with have been passed to dedicated nursing staff who have undergone extra training.

The body rarely gets where it is hormonally unless there has been surgical intervention.  Therefore replacement therapies can take 2-3 months B4 we notice that we actually feel better as it takes a while for the body to adjust.  Try not to panic.  Use the medication as prescribed.  Try not to expect a sudden change, expect any feeling to be gradual.  It's a bit like being hungry, we don't feel full immediately ;-).

U can't send PMs until you have posted a certain number of times, however - nowt is taboo on the Forum or OTT.  We talk about most things, including menopause ;-).

Let us know how you get on.  Make sure that you get into the sunshine ☀️ daily as well as taking plenty of 'me' time.  Do U have hobbies?  We talk about those here too  ::)
Pages: 1 [2]