Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel  (Read 418 times)

Slinks27

Oestrogel
« on: February 26, 2023, 11:30:22 AM »

I've taken the plunge and started oestrogel. This is my third time trying HRT as previously didnt agree. I applied it last night and I feel so sick and groggy this morning. Anybody else have this? Thanks

HaRuHaRu

Re: Oestrogel
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2023, 03:15:57 PM »

I've only recently started HRT but I was really nauseous and fatigued for the first few weeks of oestrogen - the nausea seems to have calmed down now. Hopefully they are initial side effects that will go once on it for a while. Xx

Slinks27

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2023, 03:19:55 PM »

I Literally can't do anything today feel so ill so not sure whether to continue as I cant work feeling like this. Really dizzy with it too x

Pippa52

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2023, 03:22:40 PM »

Hi Slinks, I was on Oestrogel for over 25 years and then they slightly changed the formulation and it really did not suit me and when I had a blood test the Meno consultant said I might as well not be on HRT at all as I was not absorbing it at all for me I had to change to patches. I felt really unwell on it, headaches, nausea very groggy, dizzy, insomnia and palpitations but hardly surprising as I was not absorbing any of it. However all the previous years I was on it I was absolutely fine and I know lots of people who it works really well for.  Very often it takes quite a while for your body to adjust to HRT so hope so much you start to feel better soon xx

HaRuHaRu

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2023, 03:27:42 PM »

:( how were you in the night? If it's the next day you feel bad, then maybe try using it in the morning and see how that goes? And can you try a lower dose? Sorry if I'm stating the obvious xx