Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: perimenopausal with stomach issues  (Read 831 times)

Ebbie08

• First Flush
perimenopausal with stomach issues
« on: January 31, 2023, 04:36:45 PM »

Greetings all!

i haven't been here in a long time. I am going through it. Im 54 years old in perimenopause but still get my period.  I haven't gotten it this month so lets see. I also suffer from anxiety and its getting worse. A couple of days ago i had this painful stomach ache, also felt some heartburn. The last time i had heartburn was when i was pregnant from my daughter. I am still with pain, feels like sore and it comes and it goes. Im freaking out thinking the worse. Has anyone here had the same issue?

Slinks27

Re: perimenopausal with stomach issues
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 04:41:44 PM »

Hi, yes I'm having loads of issues with my stomach leading up to my period and heartburn. I cant stop going to the loo before itstarts and lose my appetite. On the gaviscon regular for the heartburn. Also had alot of strange cramps for the week prior.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 04:44:00 PM »

Hormones  >:(  ::)

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2023, 06:33:01 PM »

Hello Ebbie and welcome back. Could the heartburn be acid reflux? That seems to be such a common meno symptom.

Miss Sunshine

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2023, 06:26:49 PM »

Greetings all!

i haven't been here in a long time. I am going through it. Im 54 years old in perimenopause but still get my period.  I haven't gotten it this month so lets see. I also suffer from anxiety and its getting worse. A couple of days ago i had this painful stomach ache, also felt some heartburn. The last time i had heartburn was when i was pregnant from my daughter. I am still with pain, feels like sore and it comes and it goes. Im freaking out thinking the worse. Has anyone here had the same issue?

Wow Ebbie, I could have written this!   I am 53 but I still get periods.  Currently having one but it’s been 8 weeks since my last one.  Suddenly developed heartburn and am anxious ALL the time.  Had heartburn 18 years ago when I was pregnant with my daughter too. It’s not something I’m used to. 
Have you had any relief? 

CrispyChick

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2023, 06:39:09 PM »

Yip. I'm in peri and keep getting gastritis/hearburn/reflux when I try things to help my hormonal issues - so, for me, mine is definitely hormonal. Frustrating.