Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Period pain  (Read 538 times)

Slinks27

Period pain
« on: February 23, 2023, 03:16:05 PM »

Hi all,does anybody else suffer with more frequent periods and also more painful and I mean painful. They were coming late a few months ago and the last couple, one was a 20 day cycle and the last 17 days but don't go on as long. It's awful as symptoms there all month round never get a break. I'm 9 days from last one and feel like another is on its way although this weekend is when I should of been due if that makes sense.
I've had loads of investigations in the past when it's happened before but nothing found.
Thankyou

Flossieteacake

Re: Period pain
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2023, 05:00:18 PM »

So sorry to hear your periods are so painful. Is it possible you have endo?

Slinks27

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2023, 05:26:29 PM »

It certainly could be possible bur trying to get anywhere with doctors is a nightmare. All they do is throw birth control at you and I cant cope with it as makes my mood even worse than it already is. Gynecology, however, did say was unlikely at my age but nurse says possible! Always had painful periods but not like this last few years. All started with peri x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2023, 05:38:40 PM »

It certainly could be possible bur trying to get anywhere with doctors is a nightmare. All they do is throw birth control at you and I cant cope with it as makes my mood even worse than it already is. Gynecology, however, did say was unlikely at my age but nurse says possible! Always had painful periods but not like this last few years. All started with peri x

My friend is 34 and she has endo. I was not aware it was age related? I am so sorry you are not being listened to. She had to really fight to get tests to prove she has it.