Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Do I need to take a wrinkly patch off?  (Read 769 times)

Gilla999

Do I need to take a wrinkly patch off?
« on: February 22, 2023, 05:25:03 PM »

Sorry for the newbie question, I'm only 10 days into using patches so still getting used to everything!

The patch I put on yesterday has wrinkled (in the location where the patch backing splits in two). Do I need to take off and reapply a new patch or will it be OK?

I'm in a very fragile/volatile state with my hormones/everything so need to minimise all disruption!!

Xx

Flossieteacake

Re: Do I need to take a wrinkly patch off?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 05:40:46 PM »

I would look at it and check if the patch is still fully touching the skin. If not then I would change to a new patch. I use Tegaderm dressings over my patch or it will not stay on at all. Perhaps you may like to try that. I buy mine from Amazon.

Please do not apologise for asking any questions. We are all here to offer support and help. :)

Gilla999

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 05:54:56 PM »

Thank you Flossie! It does seem to be fully touching the skin so hopefully it's OK- and I've just ordered some of those dressings, thank you! X

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 06:58:24 PM »

Thank you Flossie! It does seem to be fully touching the skin so hopefully it's OK- and I've just ordered some of those dressings, thank you! X

My pleasure. :)

Gill67

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 10:20:59 PM »

I changed to Evorel patches from the gel three months ago. I find they're smooth and soft when I first apply them, then they go a bit crispy, like a crisp packet once I've had a shower! They feel a bit wrinkly but it never seems to affect their performance, so I don't worry about it now.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2023, 08:14:18 AM »

My patches wrinkle too. For me the place they stick the best is my lower back with the Tegaderm over.