Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: GP that listens / UPDATE  (Read 925 times)

Amerififer

GP that listens / UPDATE
« on: February 22, 2023, 02:02:24 PM »

Per my other post in the Post menopausal section..
I had been on everol conti last year , worked well for about 8 months.. then stopped, symptoms starting flooding back in.. Contacted my GP practice.. HRT was changed to Kliovance...
On it for a month and a half.. NO change.. when posted in here.. came to light that equivalent to 50 patch is 2mg oral.. Kliovance has ONE mg oral... sigggh NO WONDER i'm backsliding...

Finally was able to get through at 8 am this morning, on my day off, to get a phone appt.. Just off the phone with my GP, who is male btw ... explained everything to him.. how i was feeling ( shite ;) to be honest ) He's ordered bloods to be done just to check things along with trying adding a 25 everol patch, to a everol conti 50 patch. To give it 3 months and get back to him.
So at least there is a plan..:)
EVERYTHING crossed it works...

Flossieteacake

Re: GP that listens / UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 02:05:15 PM »

Thank goodness for a nice GP! All the best with your new regime. :)

Amerififer

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 02:08:04 PM »

Thank goodness for a nice GP! All the best with your new regime. :)

<3  Makes a difference for sure...hopefully have the patches by the weekend, he was going to do the script today. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 02:30:56 PM »

I would be wary about adding that much all at one time ;-).  MayB every 3rd night  :-\ alternating with the 25 ?

Amerififer

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 02:40:22 PM »

I would be wary about adding that much all at one time ;-).  MayB every 3rd night  :-\ alternating with the 25 ?

Conti patches only twice a week...everol 25 also same time. :)  Or have I totally misunderstood you ? :) Quite possible given my current state of mind.  ;) ;D

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2023, 02:45:29 PM »

That seems the way to proceed, to give the body time to update any extra replacement.  ??? clear as mud ??? it's meno-brain tha knows  ???

Amerififer

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2023, 03:05:40 PM »

That seems the way to proceed, to give the body time to update any extra replacement.  ??? clear as mud ??? it's meno-brain tha knows  ???

;D ;)
Least we know we aren't alone in the meno brain dept. lolol

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2023, 04:37:22 PM »

Never alone on here  :lol:

Dotty

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2023, 01:56:35 PM »

Hi you’d be better using a 75 oestrogen patch and a separate progesterone ( Utrogestan). 

It’s not advisable to add extra oestrogen to Evorel Conti as the progesterone in Evorel Conti is not enough when using a higher dose of oestrogen. x

Amerififer

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2023, 02:59:52 PM »

Hi you’d be better using a 75 oestrogen patch and a separate progesterone ( Utrogestan). 

It’s not advisable to add extra oestrogen to Evorel Conti as the progesterone in Evorel Conti is not enough when using a higher dose of oestrogen. x

Hiya Dotty,
I did suggest that to be honest.. :)..
GP wanted me to try this first..sigggh.. From what i've heard from others this GP is particularly understanding and good with menopause.. ( shrugs)..

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2023, 03:36:00 PM »

Time to open that discussion so that you build a working relationship?  Point him in our direction ;-)