Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anxiety  (Read 1966 times)

discogirl

Anxiety
« on: February 22, 2023, 01:55:22 PM »

I reduced my oestrogel from 4 pumps to 3 pumps on 9th february, as I felt wired on the 4 and I do feel better on 3.

I also started taking my utrogestan orally instead of vaginally and it appears to be helping my sleep; it's not great but a lot better than it was.

The thing is anxiety, I now have a constant feeling of dread, impending doom, all the time really; I mean the anxiety never really went away properly, it sort came and went, but now it's constant, is this just the change in my gel or maybe how I take the utrogestan does anybody know.

It's got to the point now where I don't like being on my own at all. I feel constantly frightened.

I'm sort of hoping as things settle that the anxiety may too.

It's just pretty full on at the moment and it stays with me all day xx

Flossieteacake

Re: Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 02:03:37 PM »

I am so so sorry your anxiety is so bad. It really is hard finding the right dose of HRT. I think it takes time for out hormones to stabilise on HRT. I am not sure if a dose is right for me until a few months. This is confusing as I will make changes in that time only to find I made changes too soon.

Anxiety is truly awful and I really am sorry you are struggling with it. It is horrible to fear being alone. Do you think it is all hormonal with you or is it possible it is something else too?

discogirl

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 02:05:39 PM »

I am so so sorry your anxiety is so bad. It really is hard finding the right dose of HRT. I think it takes time for out hormones to stabilise on HRT. I am not sure if a dose is right for me until a few months. This is confusing as I will make changes in that time only to find I made changes too soon.

Anxiety is truly awful and I really am sorry you are struggling with it. It is horrible to fear being alone. Do you think it is all hormonal with you or is it possible it is something else too?

Hi flossieteacake,

Yes I agree, regarding finding the right dose of HRT and a mistake I made in the past was maybe changing dosage too soon and not giving it time, so I will be staying on the 3 pumps gel for while as I do feel better on it apart from the anxiety.

No, nothing else is troubling me, it does appear to be hormonal.

Hope you're doing ok xxxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 02:15:39 PM »

Hi flossieteacake,

Yes I agree, regarding finding the right dose of HRT and a mistake I made in the past was maybe changing dosage too soon and not giving it time, so I will be staying on the 3 pumps gel for while as I do feel better on it apart from the anxiety.

No, nothing else is troubling me, it does appear to be hormonal.

Hope you're doing ok xxxx

I understand what you mean. It is just a matter of waiting but I know in the meantime the wait is awful. I hate that churning stomach feeling anxiety gives. It is just awful.

I am okay thank you. I am glad you have posted as you will be able to get lots of support to get you through this.

discogirl

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 02:20:20 PM »

Thank you flossieteacake, I always get great support on here.

It's just the feeling of dread, of sort of impending doom and worst of it is, it's nothing precise.

Still I'm hoping once my body has settled the anxiety will too.

I'm getting my bloods done on 6th March to see where my levels are at, so I'll be interested to see where they are.

Take care xxx

Nas

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2023, 02:20:27 PM »

Hey disco, sorry to hear you are feeling bad again with the anxiety.

Hopefully once your body adjusts to the 3 pumps, your anxiety will settle.

Have you tried any other remedies, such as Bach rescue remedy or cbd oil?

Never underestimate how hormones can affect how we feel. I increased my patch from 75 to 100 earlier in the week, crikey I felt dreadful. Removed it and replaced with a 50, as that is all I had and felt even worse. I could barely drive yesterday it was that awful, anxiety through the roof! I had to quickly get my prescription changed back to 75 and I’m now hoping to stabilise for a bit.

Here’s hoping you feel better soon xx

discogirl

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2023, 02:34:20 PM »

Hey disco, sorry to hear you are feeling bad again with the anxiety.

Hopefully once your body adjusts to the 3 pumps, your anxiety will settle.

Have you tried any other remedies, such as Bach rescue remedy or cbd oil?

Never underestimate how hormones can affect how we feel. I increased my patch from 75 to 100 earlier in the week, crikey I felt dreadful. Removed it and replaced with a 50, as that is all I had and felt even worse. I could barely drive yesterday it was that awful, anxiety through the roof! I had to quickly get my prescription changed back to 75 and I’m now hoping to stabilise for a bit.

Here’s hoping you feel better soon xx

Hi Nas,

I take amitrypline for nerve pain only 10mg so that affects a lot of what I can and can't take.

You're absolutely right hormones can really make us feel dreadful.

You've had such a rough time lately Nas, I really hope things settle down for you. I guess what doesn't help is that it feels as though I'm trying to hit a constantly moving target, if you know what I mean.

Take care xxx

Nas

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2023, 02:51:44 PM »

I totally get what you mean about the moving target, disco, it’s dreadful.

Maybe look at some natural anxiety remedies? With CBD, you do have to have a gap of between 2/4 hours, depending on what drugs you take.

Some essential oils can be good for anxiety too, clary sage and vetiver for example.

You take care toox

discogirl

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2023, 02:59:39 PM »

I will have a look Nas, as I do know a lot of people take cbd oil for anxiety.

I will have a look at those essential oils Nas.

With the essential oils, how is best to use them for anxiety?

Nas

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2023, 03:40:54 PM »

Yes the CBD oil can be a bit and miss, largely because it’s such an unregulated market. You will find literally hundreds of companies all claiming theirs is the best!

I’ve just bought one from EVOPURE for sleep, it’s quite pricey, so I hope it works!

With the oils, you can add to a bath or shower. Also they can be put into an oil burner ( the one where you add water to the top bit and a t light to heat up the water, at the bottom. You could could even add a couple of drops to a tissue and inhale that way xxx

discogirl

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2023, 04:43:22 PM »

can you let me know how you get on with yours.

did you get it for anxiety and how do you intend to take it.

thanks for your help xxx

Nas

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2023, 05:02:43 PM »

Mine is for sleep primarily. You take it sublingually ( under the tongue) for maximum absorption. Think you are meant to take nightly x

discogirl

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2023, 05:41:14 PM »

thanks for that Nas.

keep me updated if you dont mind.

i have heard good reports of cbd oil xx

Nas

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2023, 05:58:19 PM »

👍will do disco x

Betsy123

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2023, 08:57:18 PM »

Disco girl, I get anxiety and panic attacks too. This started with me at the start of peri, was awful and scared me. I to hate being alone at times and I was always so independent. HRT helped with this but as I get further along I have had increasing bouts of anxiety again. These usually come in waves and can last for months at a time. Do you overthink things? I know I do and can literally send myself in a spiral at times. Check your blood pressure as I find it can spike with the anxiety and maybe the cause, not sure if it's too much or too little oestragon.  I'm just trialing a pump of oestragel alongside a 75 everol patch as wondering if its caused by oestrogen drop again. I'm 54 this year and been up and down for 6 years. 2 good ones inbetween with right hrt. Some doctors dont know much and still dont fully understand as everyone is different. I understand the anxiety though and have cried myself today as it's hard to take. Take care, I've found a shoulder massager,  got a cheap one from Lidl, helps with tension which I have developed from anxiety and lavender pillow spray. Also used Sanctuary CBD oil.
Pages: [1] 2