News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Crying  (Read 665 times)

Slinks27

Crying
« on: February 22, 2023, 12:38:37 PM »

I dont know what's wrong with me these past couple of days. Not sleeping hardly and felt really drained and exhausted almost ill. Today I cant stop crying just feel so emotional and no support. Husband just says he's sick of it these last few years. I don't no where to turn feel so alone  :-\

Flossieteacake

Re: Crying
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 12:46:23 PM »

Oh Slinks I am so sorry you are feeling so sad. I think having to deal with menopause is very hard and to have your husband say he is sick of it no wonder you are feeling even worse. Hormones really play havoc with sleep. Have you tried speaking to your GP about how you are feeling? You are not alone as you have us to listen.

Slinks27

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 01:09:31 PM »

My husband does this every time the emotional side comes out when all I really need is support and a cuddle. I'm getting pretty sick of him now tbf and wish I was financially independent would get rid.
Seen GP and got HRT but my problem is last time I tried the side effects made me stop they were horrendous. I tried the patch last time, this time got gel and tablets just so nervous.
Everyday is a constant battle at the moment with various symptoms, never feel like me. Periods are so irregular coming closer together but not as long never seem to have a break from symptoms. Feel so useless and think I'm going insane

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 01:15:00 PM »

You are not useless and you are mot insane. Your body is going through all sorts of changes. I understand it was horrible to have a reaction to the first HRT you tried but this does not mean you will have a reaction to another type. It just takes time to find one that suits.

What have you been given to try now? Peri is awful with the erratic periods.

Slinks27

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 01:19:52 PM »

Been given oestrogel and utrogestan. I know I need to give it a try with such debilitating symptoms just scared.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2023, 01:23:43 PM »

Been given oestrogel and utrogestan. I know I need to give it a try with such debilitating symptoms just scared.

That is totally understandable. How about trying a tiny bit of oestrogel and then just wait to see how that goes? You can always stop if you do not like it.

Slinks27

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2023, 01:27:27 PM »

Yes thats what I'm thinking doing this weekend when I dont have to work. Thankyou for your advice and support

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2023, 01:30:11 PM »

Yes thats what I'm thinking doing this weekend when I dont have to work. Thankyou for your advice and support

You are very welcome. Trying it on the weekend is a good idea. Please continue to post for support.

Nas

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2023, 01:41:03 PM »

Hi Slinks,
Sorry you are feeling rubbish, big virtual hug {{}}} 😊

Definitely give the gel a go at the weekend, you can use as little as you want and as lovely Flossie says, you can stop whenever you want too. That’s the beauty of the pump.

Hormonal upheaval can be brutal.. your husband is being an insensitive idiot ( in my opinion) How would he feel if he lost all his hormones and felt crappy??

Menopause really causes us to reevaluate our lives. You are older and wiser and you start to think about what YOU really want out of life. I’m doing it alot  right now. Questioning everything and all my past life decisions!!

Anyway, this forum is just magic for support and advice. Keep chatting if it helps xxx
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 01:43:15 PM by Nas »

Pippa52

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2023, 02:00:44 PM »

Hi Slinks I really feel for you.  Hormones can be downright evil in the way they can make you feel.  So very sorry your Husband is so unsupportive that is the last thing you need.  Have you asked if you could have some counselling help to support you through this?  Sending love hugs and empathy xxx

discogirl

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2023, 02:12:19 PM »

Hi Slinks27

Im sorry you're having such a rough time.

Some men just don't have a clue.

This isn't called 'the change of life' for nothing, I no longer feel like my old self and don't know if I ever will, however this forum has been a literal life-line for me. I really don't know where I'd be without the fantastic support I get on here.

So as Nas says, keeping chatting on here if it helps.

All the very best and take care xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2023, 02:49:40 PM »

:welcomemm:

HORMONES  >:(.  I used to sob bitterly the night B4 a bleed began even if a period wasn't due.

Do print off 'advice for husbands' from the Forum, read and pass over.  top of this 'room'

Men don't always voice what they mean to say 'properly'  >:(.  There are ways of being supportive and some don't know how.  What happens if you ask for a hug ....... DH and I often meet in our narrow hallway and hug spontaneously, no real need.

Browse round.  Make notes.  Is there a symptom that you would like to ease first?

Slinks27

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2023, 03:13:58 PM »

I've spoke to him loads about it. We've watched TV programmes, listened to podcasts, read books everything but yet still everytime im emotional he turns it round into how it's effecting him and what his needs are. Just had a right rant at me over the phone, he needs this that and other. So now I feel like I have to put my stuff to the side. Tbh I feel a bit like sort yourself out or I'm going.
If I was financially independent I think I'd just say see ya! Been through this now so many times with him it's getting tiresome.
I know I'm a pain and he does do a lot for me and I do appreciate everything he does bur we always seem to end up back here with the what about me xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2023, 04:42:00 PM »

You are NOT a pain.  He needs to get a grip.  MayB ask him what frightens him the most, he doesn't have to explain himself but it might make him think about his reactions.   It's The Change, does what it says on the tin.

Do not put your 'stuff' to one side.  Do seek support here and see what your GP/Nurse Practitioner suggests.  Get your VitD and thyroid function bloods tested to make sure that you aren't lacking anything.  Thyroid can be affected during peri-menopause.

"I'm going upstairs to Have A Very Good Cry and I don't want any comments from you!' .........

"What is it that you are unable to deal with when I am upset?"  My Dad would fall apart when ever Mum was ill  ::)

Slinks27

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2023, 05:21:10 PM »

Had all my bloods checked a couple of weeks ago and all OK.
Think ive managed to get to the bottom of it with him today. Turns out he's not feeling too good, a bit under the weather he says and really really tired at the moment. What is it with men and not being able to admit when there struggling or poorly? He got home from work and was all nice and talked, he could of done that earlier instead of being a total price!!
Pages: [1] 2