Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hives, histamine intolerance  (Read 2689 times)

ricekrispie

Hives, histamine intolerance
« on: February 21, 2023, 09:31:54 PM »

Over the last 18 months or so, I've developed a histamine problem when I eat certain foods. I go red and hot, and my face itches, including my tongue and lips sometimes. I've heard it can be oestrogen dominance at play, but it's also definitely stress based, and possibly, post-vaccine (and that's not a political statement, just timing).

Has anyone else had this?

I also get extremely dry eyes and notice that the itching/heat gets worse when I eat highly processed foods and shop-bought bread. I went back to six foods a day for three months to reset myself and am mostly back to normal, but I have to avoid certain foods now, which is upsetting luckily I cook most of my food from scratch.

Other symptoms are: going cold especially in my abdomen when eating certain things, anxiety, constipation and palpitations.

Anyone else?

ricekrispie

Re: Hives, histamine intolerance
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 02:53:30 PM »

Hi

Thanks, yes, it was inconclusive though I can narrow it down. There's not much to be done except the usual - reduce stress, eat well, exercise, rest etc. I'm just trying to work out how much of it is menopause.

Thanks

Jillyboo

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2023, 07:21:44 PM »

Hives are horrible. I get a dose every year with the early Spring sunshine and tree pollen. Higher dose Cetirizine (30mg daily) is the only remedy that works for me.

Samg1

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 08:37:15 PM »

Over the last 18 months or so, I've developed a histamine problem when I eat certain foods. I go red and hot, and my face itches, including my tongue and lips sometimes. I've heard it can be oestrogen dominance at play, but it's also definitely stress based, and possibly, post-vaccine (and that's not a political statement, just timing).

Has anyone else had this?

I also get extremely dry eyes and notice that the itching/heat gets worse when I eat highly processed foods and shop-bought bread. I went back to six foods a day for three months to reset myself and am mostly back to normal, but I have to avoid certain foods now, which is upsetting luckily I cook most of my food from scratch.

Other symptoms are: going cold especially in my abdomen when eating certain things, anxiety, constipation and palpitations.

Anyone else?

Samg1

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2023, 08:39:23 PM »

Are you on her and has this sffdd was coed at all I find that if I start any new medication that I get bad anxiety and depression but was told by my dr that histamine levels go back to normal within 2 weeks but I am really suffering at the moment with anxiety depression I’m cold in bed at night but sweating excessively

Samg1

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2023, 08:42:28 PM »

I meant to say are you on hrt and has this made it worse  ??? ??? ??? ???