Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hrt and blood pressure  (Read 386 times)

Steen

• First Flush
Hrt and blood pressure
« on: February 22, 2023, 01:00:40 PM »

I have been on hrt patches for six years for the last year or so I haven't been able to get my patch  so was put on tablet form which unfortunately  made my blood pressure high than usual so know I have been told to come of hrt tablets  with no advice  what to do next  .went to Holland Barrett  for advice they said I can't take herbal tablets . I don't know if I am at the end off my menopause .need some advise. Doctors not given me any information plus can't get appointmentto see a doctor .just need help and advice.
Thanks

Flossieteacake

Re: Hrt and blood pressure
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 01:07:12 PM »

Hello Steen and welcome to the forum. I am sorry you have not been able to get your patches. Are they unavailable currently? Could you tell us which patch you are on so members can suggest an alternative. It is a shame the tablets increased your blood pressure but patches and gel tend to be better tolerated.

Even if you are post meno you can still HRT so do not worry if you are at this stage. It is a unfortunate your Dr is not supportive or knowledgeable about HRT but do not worry as there are many knowledgeable members on here to help. :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hrt and blood pressure
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 02:47:20 PM »

Welcome.  Was it the HRT = higher blood pressure or was it White Coat Syndrome  :-\.  Have U taken your BP regularly at home?  If within normal limits it may be OK to try another form of replacement.

If your GP is not keen to offer advice ask for a referral to an NHS dedicated menopause clinic.  There are lots of ways of delivering HRT.