Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Menopause Phases? Is that crazy?  (Read 672 times)

canadagirl

Menopause Phases? Is that crazy?
« on: February 20, 2023, 02:20:04 PM »

Ok so here me out -- is it possible to move through Menopause in phases?  Like I feel like I had the insomnia phase then I had the hot flashes phase then that stopped and I had the weight gain phase then that plateaued then I entered the muscle/joint pain phases and now I am in the stomach pain phase.  Is that crazy???  Or is it usually just always a mish mash?  Has anyone else experienced this or am I out to lunch?

Flossieteacake

Re: Menopause Phases? Is that crazy?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 02:25:12 PM »

No you are not crazy. :) I too have phases like this. I would say it is very common. One of the best times is moving from the insomnia phase. ;)

HelloSam666

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2023, 03:00:13 PM »

Funnily enough, although i haven't ever experienced hot flushes in the daytime, i have in this last week started getting very warm hands and feet. Usually starts later in the day - just came out of nowhere, weird! And i can see it's a common symptom on this forum. In some ways i'm rather pleased as usually my hands & feet are freezing cold in winter  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2023, 04:12:33 PM »

Yep.  Hormonal upheaval causes all kinds of varying aches and pains and sometimes not all at once  >:(  ::).  We have a thread here ....... can't remember the name.   [Health Complaint of the Day]

As oestrogen levels drop off slowly over a few years (unless there's surgical intervention), different symptoms wax and wane. 

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2023, 05:12:25 PM »

Hello ladies.

I certainly have had phases in the past pre HRT. The one I mention most often here on the forum is the headaches phase where I woke up with a headache every morning and it lasted until about 9pm when it would disappear completely. I kept a note in my diary and after six months this symptom resolved never to return.  A few weeks later I developed the internal shaking feeling and I assumed this would follow a similar course. After more than six months however I worried that this symptom would not resolve on its own and I asked for HRT.
Since then I have felt that various physical symptoms wax and wane and even the emotional ones come and go.

I am post meno by a long way and now use 50mcg of oestrogen gel daily and  100mcg of Cyclogest (progesterone) alternate nights. I still have mood swings but they are my only remaining meno symptom.
I have recently started taking Vitamin D in the hope that this will help to balance my hormones. Time will tell.

I completely agree that we can go through phases of meno symptoms, it is as if different receptors are registering the lack of oestrogen and when they settle down, another set of receptors begin to complain lol.
Obviously the goal is for ALL the receptors to get with the programme so that we can get on with our lives and finally get off the mad meno roller-coaster lol.

Wishing you well ladies and take care.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2023, 05:36:52 PM »

Oh it's not crazy either ;-)

canadagirl

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2023, 05:56:11 PM »

Kathleen - what do you mean by internal shaking?