Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan vaginal dose  (Read 515 times)

Madge79

Utrogestan vaginal dose
« on: February 18, 2023, 03:32:15 PM »

Hi everyone
I have been on Estrogel and utrogestan for a few years, I can only tolerate the utrogestan vaginally so have been doing 100mg for 12 days of my cycle. My GP mentioned how that despite Dr Newsons website saying 100mg is fine vaginally that the licenced dose is 200mg so that is what I should be using.
I am very sensitive to progesterone and worried 200mg will cause me issues.
Does anyone have any knowledge or advice on this?
Thanks 😀

sheila99

Re: Utrogestan vaginal dose
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 08:54:40 PM »

It's as your gp says. What dose of oestrogen are you on? If it's low/med you're probably OK but if it's a high dose you could get a private scan to check the lining isn't thickening.

Madge79

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2023, 07:16:38 AM »

I’m on 3 pumps of gel, but to be honest I haven’t been absorbing and my Estradiol levels have always been on the low side.

I’m going to be weaning off the HRT over the coming months anyway as it’s never been that great for me. Had a scan about 18 months ago but yes may well have another.

Thanks 👍

Betsy123

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2023, 07:02:43 PM »

I have just switched to trial the utragestron vaginally as I am sure that orally this has made me anxious and for 2 years I felt down, panicky and anxious. I have always been sensitive to progesterone and only had the normal coil for years after trials with mirena and depo proved tearful and depressive for me. Started o sequential hrt which originally relieved original symptoms of anxiety at the start of peri. After 2 years symptoms came back and was put on continuous 100 utragestron nightly and 25 patch. The oestragon has been increased over time to 75 however still feel terrible with anxiety and panic every day. Have started to take progesterone vaginally  but has caused a bleed. Is this normal, I am so fed up and dont go out much anymore due to anxiety and the symptoms it causes
 Was never like this prior to menapause.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2023, 09:00:49 PM »

If you think utrogeston is causing your anxiety you could either change to a different type of progesterone or try a sequi regime. This way you'll have a bleed but it will show you if utro is the problem. You're on a low dose of oestrogen, if anxiety is a meno symptom for you may need to increase it.