Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti Bleeding after 6 months  (Read 1156 times)

Cupcake442

• First Flush
Evorel Conti Bleeding after 6 months
« on: February 18, 2023, 04:50:12 PM »

Hello Ladies,

I am new here and having a bit of a nightmare. I am 4 years post menopause and am about 8 months on Evorel Conti. I also have a prolapse which I was using a pessary for but have had this taken out as it was causing some bleeding. The bleeding settled down and I had nothing for 5 days but it has now started again and I know it's not pessary irritation so am worried sick as to what it could be, could it still be the patches? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks 😊

Taz2

Re: Evorel Conti Bleeding after 6 months
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 05:47:48 PM »

Hi Cupcake442. Bleeding can be a worry but conti HRT can cause this even after the initial six months. You also have the ring pessary to take into account which can cause some erosion  and bleeding. Was any skin irritation or damage seen when it was removed?

I think you should report this new bleeding to your GP. You will probably be referred for a scan just to check that your womb lining hasn't thickened.

I'm sorry you have prolapse to deal with. I had a hysterectomy for uterine prolapse and a bladder repair so I know how you feel. Hopefully you will be able to have the pessary replaced fairly soon.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 06:59:22 PM »

I agree, it's unlikely to be anything sinister but best to get checked out. It's possible you have a fibroid or polyp causing it.

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2023, 07:12:32 PM »

Hello Ladies,

I am new here and having a bit of a nightmare. I am 4 years post menopause and am about 8 months on Evorel Conti. I also have a prolapse which I was using a pessary for but have had this taken out as it was causing some bleeding. The bleeding settled down and I had nothing for 5 days but it has now started again and I know it's not pessary irritation so am worried sick as to what it could be, could it still be the patches? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks 😊
  I had bleeding after the 6 months so was required to have a vaginal scan and then a hysteroscopy due to a 4mm lining but nothing was found. They couldn't even take a biopsy because the lining was too scanty.

buffy26

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2023, 08:13:07 PM »

yes same here, after 6 months I bled. I had a scan and hysteroscopy, also unable to take a sample due to being atrophic. I felt worried about this from a point of view of monitoring in the future. The lining was thickened by 7mm. How did they explain it to you and put you at ease out of interest? 

Cupcake442

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2023, 08:23:32 PM »

Thank you for your replies they have calmed me down somewhat.

Taz2 yes the Dr said that it looked very sore from the pessary rubbing and it did bleed for a couple of days after removal, but then nothing for 5 days and it suddenly started again today that's what I don't understand.

I did have to use Ovestin cream for 5 days and I know that can cause bleeding but I stopped using that three days ago, so I don't know if it could be that.

I am sorry to be whinging I am just at the end of my tether with this menopause malarkey,  but it is nice to know I am not alone.