Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Double up on Evorel patches?  (Read 873 times)

Lottie104

• First Flush
Double up on Evorel patches?
« on: February 17, 2023, 11:20:19 PM »

Hi, I’m new to the forum and would appreciate some advice. I’ve been on Evorel Sequil 50 patches for about 16 months and Sandrena gel (0.5 mg per day) for 6 months. Both to help with anxiety and low mood. My doctor has suggested moving to 2 patches and stopping the gel. I was having a terribly anxious day when I went to see her and I just couldn’t take in why she recommended this, although I do remember her talking about how progesterone is administered and that my estrogen dose won’t change.
I’m running out of gel and will soon need to double up on patches although I’m feeling anxious about doing this. Can anyone help and shed any light on this? I can’t get another appointment for several weeks.
Many thanks.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 11:23:45 PM by Lottie104 »

Dotty

Re: Double up on Evorel patches?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 08:06:41 AM »

Hi the problem with doubling up on patches is that you’ll be doubling up on the progesterone for half the month and that’s a lot of progesterone. You’ll also be jumping from a 50 to a 100 for the oestrogen and that’s a big jump too.

If you need more oestrogen then you’ll be better using an oestrogen only patch or gel and a separate progesterone ( Utrogestan).

LSmarty

Re: Double up on Evorel patches?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 08:16:38 AM »

Hi

My pharmacist told me that doubling up doesn't mean you'll be getting 100, no idea how it works but that's what they said

Take care
Les xox