Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Increase or decrease estrogel  (Read 804 times)

Girlinabox

Increase or decrease estrogel
« on: February 17, 2023, 07:22:18 AM »

I’ve been on estrogel approx 3 weeks now. Have been on hrt for years and recently changed from Tibolone.

At first I felt quite good, lots of symptoms disappeared. Mood especially better but oh my gosh the fatigue I’m getting since week 2 is crushing.  Initially it was just in the morning but now it’s all day.

I’m sleeping about 9 hours (unheard of for me!) and yet still I’m exhausted. I’m very puffy too especially my eyes.

I’m not due back at the Gp for a month yet. Would reducing to 1.5 pumps help?

Gnatty

Re: Increase or decrease estrogel
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 07:27:36 AM »

Is it just oestrogel you are taking? It sounds like you might need more rather than less. The other important consideration is tibolone does I believe give you a bit of testosterone so it's likely you are missing that too. I take testim and it makes a real difference to my energy and get up and go.

Girlinabox

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2023, 08:30:47 AM »

I’ve got the utrogestan too just haven’t started it yet. I’m afraid to increase as the exhaustion is just debilitating and practically I don’t have 9 hours to sleep every night.

Gnatty

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2023, 10:01:31 AM »

The thing with oestrogen is it's supposed to reduce daytime tiredness. I suspect you are exhausted because your levels are lower than they were on tibolone.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2023, 10:40:44 AM »

I would say more oestrogen rather than less but it may be that testosterone is the missing link. Are any other meno symptoms creeping back on? Tiredness is one of those things that can have many causes. Is it possible you've caught a bug?

Girlinabox

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2023, 02:52:43 PM »

Don’t think it’s a bug.

Only symptoms coming back are muscle aches in my thighs and knee pain.

Maybe I should just try to grin and bear it until the 3 month mark. I just don’t know because this level of fatigue makes me irritable, sore head and confused as I’m so tired.

Only other thing I’ve noticed is increased thirst (despite drinking 2+ liters a day) but I’m definitely retaining water. My eyes are so puffy in the morning and can’t move my rings.

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2023, 02:59:47 PM »

I would see your gp, you might be better on something different.

Girlinabox

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2023, 10:26:51 AM »

Just a wee update in case it helps anyone in the future.

Have reduced estrogel to 1.5 pumps. Fluid retention almost completely gone. Downside being up twice in the night for the loo and only 6 hours sleep. More achy and mind whizzing a bit again but all manageable so far  (although the lack of  sleep does eventually catch up with me and I feel rubbish).

Will try to increase to 2 again in a few weeks as definitely feel less anxious, better quality of sleep on that and just hope my body is more used to it by then so less side effects.