Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Voice/throat problems on testosterone  (Read 637 times)

jawa42

Voice/throat problems on testosterone
« on: February 20, 2023, 07:51:00 PM »

Hi

I started testosterone in December, going down to one pea sized dose every other day as I was too angry on once a day! Anyhow I don't know whether it's a coincidence but in the last two weeks I have been a bit hoarse, and I feel like my voice box at the front of my throat is swollen and when I swallow I am aware of it . I am not a hypochondriac by disposition and love the testosterone but am worried this is the cause as I have no temperature; my lymph's aren't up and I feel otherwise fine! Has anyone else heard of this or had any problems. I am scared to go to the doctor as they'll say come off the testosterone; it was a mission to get. Thanks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Voice/throat problems on testosterone
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 08:04:52 PM »

Any hints in the leaflet in the box?

I have an irritating cough due to reflux  >:(, fortunately it doesn't affect me in the night when laying down but by mid-morning I'm coughing and throat clearing  >:(

Gnatty

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2023, 08:15:58 PM »

It could be so many things, bit of a sore throat, maybe you have strained your voice? I wouldnt be thinking at this point it's something to do with the testosterone.

Clarella

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 06:50:29 AM »

Only other possibility is that hypothyroidism can cause a hoarse voice. My mum says she can always tell when I’m not right due to my voice on the phone!

Clarella

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2023, 06:51:17 AM »

You should be due a test soon? It might be worth booking that in to check you’re not over recommended female levels