Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Estraderm  (Read 471 times)

SarahT

Estraderm
« on: February 17, 2023, 11:48:28 AM »

Hi everyone,

But of the same old question for me here... But first...

Bit of background of me
Awful pmt mood swings my entire life.
Age 56
Still getting frustratingly regular periods until mirena coil fitted
Was originally on everol and utrogestan did not get on with the tablet 2 week on 2 week off part.
Switched to estradot 50 and coil.
Worse symptoms for me were mood swings, and anxiety oh. And tears, and zero confidence in my self anymore. And irtitability. Sorry husband and virtually anyone I came into contact with. >:(
Physical symptoms I could almost learn to live with . Though I do not miss 40+ years of tender boobs,despite All the evening primrose oil

All finally settled down a bit, feeling tentatively optimistic. I kind of  began remember who I am...relatively stable and able to cope.

However my last estradot 50 were issued in November 2022 and no pharmacy near me can get hold of any.

I am incredibly anxious on having to start a new patch, estraderm mx  50, prescribed today. Whilst I have read that all patches contain the same amount of oestrogen, I understand that the absorption rate can differ from brand to brand.

Given that my mood swings were so very bad (and I mean close to a complete breakdown bad)  has anyone else been switched to estradrm mx and what are your experiences.

It's hard enough some days without the horrendous supply  issues that seem to be pretty continuous.

Thanks all. I send hugs.

Flossieteacake

Re: Estraderm
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 01:11:13 PM »

I can understand your anxiety over changing to a different patch. Have you also tried independent pharmacies to see if they may have any Estradot? If they are unable to then I would give the Estraderm a go. I have used all three of those patches and did not suffer any side effects. Hopefully they will agree with you too.