Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Losing weight after period  (Read 682 times)

Nanookster

Losing weight after period
« on: February 17, 2023, 10:41:17 AM »

Hi everyone, I am in perimenopause and taking HRT. My periods are very, very sporadic now. I can go for months without a period and then one will arrive out of nowhere! I've just finished a pretty full on, heavy period and have noticed that I feel way less bloated and seem to have lost a little bit of weight (nothing significant, but I can kind of fit back into a pair of jeans that were very tight in December, for example). I have been trying to cut down on what I eat etc, so the slight weight loss could be a result of that, but does anyone else lose a bit of weight after a heavy period?

Nanookster

Re: Losing weight after period
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 11:33:02 AM »

It's so bizarre!

SarahT

Re: Losing weight after period
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2023, 05:57:07 PM »

I so agree on this.
Always had a bad attitude to my own weight and just prior to and during my period I am so ridiculously bloated. Doesn't help mentally when you feel so Crap anyway does it? I crave carbs too, but as soon as the period is halfway through for me I can get back into my clothes with out panicking I have somehow put a stone on in three days.😂

Have so much going on with all this peri stuff that I have (mostly) put my weight worries to one side. Okay my boobs have gone from a b to a d, and I am heavier  I want to be...But I am concentrating more on using my energy, which dips so very low at pms time, in wiser way to exercise,  if I can and am lot more relaxed about my weight, for the first time in many years,  with out sliding into letting myself go.

Bloating will pass. It's annoying, but for me, quite minor in the scale of symptoms. Even if I did panic buy 3 new skirts in a bigger size last week due to the pms......