Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Doubling up on Utrogestan due to bleeding  (Read 1359 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Doubling up on Utrogestan due to bleeding
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2023, 02:51:31 PM »

I would ask the Practice Manager to ask this particular GP what makes her think that HRT is 'such a risk'  >:(

Let us know how you get on and why if a patient is worried, can't repeated scans be requested? Otherwise the Gp should be referring you appropriately!

Teresa

Re: Doubling up on Utrogestan due to bleeding
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2023, 06:49:47 PM »

Hi Sheila99,

Thankyou - yes, I hope so too. I don’t fancy going through all this again  :o

Hi CLKD,

She told me on the phone what the ‘risks’ were ( I just didn’t like to say it  :-\) that “did you know that being on HRT, you are more at risk of uterine cancer?” & “despite that, are you happy to still be on it?” - Were her exact words. She then adds “I’m not against HRT” but i know she is of course.  She’s not one to argue with and even if I’d tried to respond with the risks are very low etc, she would have started to get shirty. It’s exactly the same things that she said to me when I first was on HRT, as initially I had a bit of spotting when I first was on it, which stopped. It’s why I try and avoid her if I can, but she’s the only female there unfortunately.

She said I can’t carry on having repeated scans like this and it has to be “sorted out” - she mentioned a mirena coil, which I then said I’d had in the past and even though I got on with it, it became dislodged and because of my fibroids the only way they could remove it was by a hysteroscopy….she didn’t know what to say to that. I just hope it gets “sorted”  ::) as I’d be scared to ask for another scan if this happens again….

Thankyou both for all your help and advice  :)
Teresa
X
Pages: 1 [2]