Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Is it ok to wear two femseven conti patches at the same time?  (Read 473 times)

2cats

Is it ok to wear two femseven conti patches at the same time?
« on: February 17, 2023, 09:06:44 AM »

Hi all,
I’ve changed over to femseven conti patches for several reasons:
I was using utrogestan vaginally and it would always start to irritate after a week so it would be a real trial for me to get to 12 days (was sequential regime)
I would always start to feel mentally stronger after about 7 days and when I would stop utrogestan, I would deteriorate again. Hated the rollercoaster. I’m hoping a more consistent dose will help.
I’m 54 so although I’ve never stopped having a bleed due to sequential hrt, surely I must be through that now..?
My question is this - I was on 4 pumps of gel which is equal to 100 mcg patch but the conti patch is only 50mcg. My meno nurse has said I can wear 2 patches at a time but not sure how much progesterone I’d be getting and if that would be too much? Anyone worn 2 patches?
I decided against moving over to taking utrogestan orally and daily as I remember it effecting my stomach when I did this previously. Wondering whether I’ve made a mistake though. HRT has not been a great success for me this time which is disappointing. I keep waiting for the anxiety and sadness to go but it doesn’t.
Any experiences of 2 patch conti would great to hear or any advice etc in general.
Thanks