Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Very low  (Read 1447 times)

Tazzy

• First Flush
Very low
« on: February 16, 2023, 01:05:47 PM »

Evorel conti 50 not helping with my low mood. No other symptoms could I need extra estrogen as not very goowith progesterone. I'm post menopausal have been for 6 years now. Any suggestions welcome x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Very low
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023, 01:13:17 PM »

Hi!  many suffer with the progesterone part of an HRT regime.

MayB put the medication into the search box to see the appropriate threads?  Make notes  :welcomemm:

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 01:26:23 PM »

Hello Tazzy and welcome to the forum. How long have you been on Evorel Conti for?

Tazzy

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2023, 01:27:59 PM »

Never been great with progesterone. But I know my bodies screaming for something if only there was a magic fix ::)

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2023, 01:28:55 PM »

It is possible you may need to change the type of HRT you are on. Sometimes a tweak can help. :)

Tazzy

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2023, 01:31:49 PM »

Hi flossiecake been off and on for 6months. Tried reducing and upping the patch nothing appears to help. Still think it's the dam progesterone part of it. I'm sure I need more estrogen

Flossieteacake

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2023, 01:34:29 PM »

Hi flossiecake been off and on for 6months. Tried reducing and upping the patch nothing appears to help. Still think it's the dam progesterone part of it. I'm sure I need more estrogen

Sounds to be like you may feel better with taking the Oestrogen and Progesterone separately. You could take an Oestrogen patch and for progesterone try something else. Mirena coil, ultrogestan 2 desterogestal pills are options.

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2023, 02:17:32 PM »

You could also try a sequi regime. You'll get a bleed but it will show if progesterone is the problem. If it is and you can't find one that suits you and you're post meno you could consider long cycle sequi (6 weeks) to give you more 'good' time.

Tazzy

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2023, 02:26:47 PM »

Thanks Sheila99
I'll discuss this with my doc thanks for everyone's  help this really is a valuable forum xx

Tazzy

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2023, 03:19:49 PM »

My doctors prescribed me with femeston to give it a try. I'll give it a go as it has different progesterone think it's called dydrogesterone? What do you think x