Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Oestrogel not keeping UITs at bay - advice please!  (Read 1398 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Oestrogel not keeping UITs at bay - advice please!
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2023, 03:16:54 PM »

If a 'random UTI' is transferrable from the body via bath water, I think that the person would be very ill indeed!

You need a LIVE yoghurt, natural don't always have live bacteria ;-) Let us know how you get on.

Ayesha

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2023, 03:34:33 PM »

Vaginal Atrophy is such an unstable condition and you have to be so persistent at treating it because it takes months to feel the benefits.

I have been using Vagifem, Ovestin locally and a moisturiser every day for 15 months. Last week I decided to drop down to 5 days and 2 days later the VA flared up, that urgent need to constantly pee was the first symptom to arrive back in my life, followed by the familiar itching, burning feeling. Today I have had to add a further Ovestin topically and moisturiser at lunchtime to get the symptoms under control.

I have the best GP's and they let me have what I need but no GP will ever say to me I think it's time you cut down on your treatment.
I am an adult and at my age I know my body and what is needed.

Kit14 Time to stop beating about the bush and throw everything you've got at treating this horrid condition, Vaginal Atrophy.
All great advice on your thread here, hope you feel better sooner!

HellsBells

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2023, 01:27:10 PM »

Also, the reason many women take more of the vagifem is that the dose was reduced from 25 to 10mcg. It's likely that they discovered that a lower (cheaper) dose would overall statistically do 'enough' good. But of course as it's a numbers game and not tailored for the individual, some women need a bit more. It's a local treatment and not systemic. My GP supports a higher dose for those reasons.
Pages: 1 [2]